Hey

Hey i would like to hear you guys about some thing…

I have seen a model of a charater from Star wars named Sebulba made in Blender… :smiley: The things that instead of lots of polys, the creater use some other sort of modeling methode, by bending the egdes…(sorry for my english).

If you know how to do this please tell me or even bether giv a link to a tutorial.

Thank you,
Wicked

Cant say ive seen it , if you could possibly give a link showing pictures of this model someone might reconise it .As far as i know blender can only be modeled in using polygons or nurbs so maybe it was made using nurbs ?

It’s called SubSurfacing. It is in the Edit buttons. To enable it follow these directions:

For Blender 2.40 Alpha:
In edit buttons click the “Add Modifier” button, and click “Subsurf” then change the settings. (The left number is the in-edit subdivision, the right number is the render-subdivision.)

For Blender 2.37:
In edit buttons click the “SubSurf” button to enable subsurfacing. The left number is the in-edit subdivision, the right number is the render-subdivision.

Also

Just blending each indevidual polygon to the ones around it can be enabled by selecting all, and clicking the “Set Smooth” button in the edit buttons.

Press the “Optimal” button in Subsurf.

%<