hi there

Absolutely. I think it’s more by smaller orgs, or non-graphics orgs (such as the Black and Decker guy who opened and closed the annual meeting with Blended animations), but I did hear something about a Game Boy Advanced game maker using it for level editing.

Our community is small but growing, and the bigger we grow, the more professionals will be using it. This is especially true when you consider the teens and college students of today who get into Blender for it’s price (um… free :)) will be the professionals of tomorrow.

Oh, and not to forget, one of our great artists here on elYsiun recently sold a Blender render for use on a snowboard. :slight_smile:

Imp

Ah, and here’s Gramp’s announcement.

And here’s the thread about the Black and Decker guy.

Imp

wow! Thanks for the links. A friend of mine told me once, the graphics on Babylon 5 were all made with blender?! Is this right?

Um… I think that Blender is too new. I think that originally it was done with an Amiga and a VideoToaster, but I don’t know if they changed once they were bigger-budget or not.

Imp

if you have questions regarding blender, you can pm me

good speed
:wink:
HH

Thanks for the offer, haunt_house, I’ll come back on it (or how ever you would say in english g ).

Should I know what a VideoToaster is? Never herd of s.th. like that before g

It’s an Amiga thing for doing 3d animation… though I don’t know if it was just a software suite, or hardware too. Don’t know if it’s still out, or Amiga for that matter. I had an Amiga 1000, then an Amiga 500, but it’s been prolly 10 years since the last time I used either. I’m sure they went in yard sales long ago.

Imp

in the nearby animation university, they still use an amiga with video camera to check their drawing animation.

HH

Actually surprisingly there is still a large Amiga communtiy out there and I heard that a new Amiga was being made. As for video toaster that company became newtek, Lightwave. And Video Toaster became available for PC’s too.

Paradox (Ex Amiga owner)

I heard something along those lines, but I thought it was an OS or something, and at that, not really Amiga, they just bought the name.

Oh, also may be interesting to note for those that didn’t know, Amiga was a subsidiary of Commodore.

Imp

oh… pretty interesting. Since monday I’m on a technical collage (i think it’s the propper translation for “Berufskolleg”) for Graphics.
I’ve been talking to a teacher and he told me of some other programs I could try… Does anybody know Cinema 4D and what the differences between Blender and C4D are? Isn’t blender open source or s.th. like that?