Hide mesh but use reflection from it

Using blender layers could be the perfect solution, but I need to study this more since this guy is using simple colors. I already found another tutorial which is much better here:

I will test this to the “final file the reflection to be used” blender file which I shared earlier if this can make perfect cut without extra borders that need to be wiggle out with color ramp then this could be exactly like photoshopping and I could adjust the shit out of the reflection without it to affecting the main scene which now with this idea would be main layer I quess.

What I now understand about view layers is that it doesn’t help and here’s why.

My original idea here is to use plane which I can distort as a reflector for the sun. In order to do this the plane has to be hidden and the reflection only to be shown and then combine the reflection with the HDR scenary separately. This can’t be done in view layers because the reflection is dependent on the plane which can’t be hidden and the reflection to be left visible.

Only way to hide the plane is to make another scene where the world is totally black and thus the blackness hides the plane leaving reflection only visible to the camera to render. Then use alpha node to to the rendered image and remove the black and leave the yellow reflection visible.

In View layers it can’t hide the plane and same time keep the reflection thus view layers method can’t be use.

so the only way is the way at least so far to do it the way I have done it and this thanks to the people who told me to do it that way. Which is to use

1 Like