Hide Wireframe?

[SOLVED!]

Hello,

Still in my first 24 hours of Blender and I was doing pretty well until I mashed some button and activated a permanent wire-frame in Edit mode.

I imported an .obj from Sculptris and was working my way through some retopo tutorials… now this is visually distracting and is killing my performance.

Any help appreciated - I’d really like to get back to learning and stop typing “blender” and “wireframe” into Google…

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hm, yes, blender tends to do his own stuff, when you start learning it :slight_smile: Too many unknown buttons and too many unknown shortcuts. Even today after more than one year of practicing I often ask myself what has happened now.

As far as I can see from your screenshot you are in editmode and all vertices are selected. Does it change after you type “a” (that should deselect all vertices) and then “tab” (that should end edit mode)?

Sorry, if that is too simple, but you said that you take your very first steps. If that doesn’t help, it would help if you post a complete screenshot of the blender gui.

Oh… wait… I’ve just done an incredibly noobish thing and failed to understand the very nature of “Edit” mode. The clue is in the name.

I’ve been tabbing backwards and forwards out of edit mode, but with the Sculpt selected, rather than the mesh I’m trying to draw over it.

FFS… Oh dear. :no:

Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

In Object Mode , select the sculptris model.

Then in the “Object” panel, at the “Display” tab, check if you have enabled “Wire” , if yes disable it
http://i.imgur.com/NyaAt9Q.jpg

Thanks Sanctury, I already tried that one to death before realising edit mode was for editing.

Unfortunately the greatest fool can ask more than the wisest man can answer - I’ll change the thread title to “solved”

Thanks again guys!