I’ve been playing around in Blender with the Cycles engine, and I’ve got a test scene with a ship that I’d like to render. The only problem is that when I do go to render a still, it comes out as just a black frame. At first I thought it was one of my GPU’s, but I got the same results from a CPU render. What does work is rendering a single cube in Cycles. I have not tested the lowest amount of polygons I can render currently, because I want to render these polygons. So far, I’ve tried:
- Rendering with only 1 GPU
- Installing the most recent Cuda Toolkit
- Rendering a jpg still instead of a png
- Using the “Experimental” Feature Set
- Decreasing the compression/quality of the still render
Most people in other threads recommend rendering with the CPU in my situation, but like I said before, that yields the same results. I’ve attached the .blend to my post to aid anyone in helping me. Thanks!
testship.blend (2.73 MB)