Highway (NEW...ER)

well I’m going by the look of the freeway that I drive on to get to school, it infact has the tire marks like that, however if you think it will look better if I make them lighterthen I might do that

ONWARD!! :Z (never saw it used, thought he looked lonely)

Attachments

In regards to the black marks, around my house roads made of concrete get a black mark down the center of the lane (Caused be oil, ect off the engine) and asphalted gets two black marks like you got going (Caused by the tries pushing the gravel to the middle and sides of the lanes, gravel bleaches white and tar dose not).

No scuff marks on the barriers are better then repetitive scuff marks. At least I think so.

Seems on bridges are common so I do no see that as a problem, but I would make the road tile a little longer, maybe as long as two of the barriers.

Bolts in the guard rails may help sell it a little better to.

Not sure about the barriers in your state but ours have two cut outs on the bottom so they can be picked up by a forklift type of truck. But I am sure they change from state to state.

I think it will stand up better now :smiley:

Attachments

I thought it looked more elegant with the single row of columns. I’m sure I’ve driven over such things, but maybe they were just flyover ramps.

The wooden supports for the guardrail look like they’ve been stained a rich brown. Weathered treated wood should include more grey tones.

What’s your plan for lights?

Single column for each lane is an acceptable design. Check out the images of the Zilwaukee bridge as an example.

http://www.michiganhighways.org/indepth/zilwaukee.html

the wide supports at the top of the pillars need to be spun 90 degrees, and the gap between them should be larger.

first I would like to thank everyone for their help (it si only because of you people that is looks this good ) :stuck_out_tongue:

so heres the update!

I did my best to fix the road texture, I also tried to add bolts to the wood but due to the small number of pixles on that part, they won’t be easy to see…BUT THEY’ER THERE!!!

because of the landscape I’m going to be putting this model in, I decided to toy around with making high tide marks on the supports.
crits?

Attachments