Hii, can anyone explain me why do I get this error?

Hey guys, today i got an old pc from my uncle, which is atleast faster than my current laptop, but when I install ANY version of UPBGE and when i click the button avaliable in the render tab which PLAYS the game in either standalone/embedded mode, the UPBGE app IDK why but it closes, heres the pic which I took which shows the error on the console of Upbge, it might not be clearly visible but when i click the play button ( standalone/embedded) the console also closes, I recorded a video and then took a screenshot of this frame, heres the pic:

Just tell me why I am getting this error and how to fix it, because of this I am not able to work on any project, pls help me, thanks

are you using a version for windows?

if so, then probably it’s because your using an an old build of windows, and you got it either pirated or a very old trial version. Trial version don’t have full acces in windows, so it can be that blender can’t grab something it needs.

No its not a trial version, I am using windows 7 professional OS in that pc, and before my uncle gave that pc to me, he used this OS for years, so that cant be the issue, pls try to think what might be the issue

And this is the first time I got this error, its due to this I cannot make games on that new pc, the new pc which I am referring to has a cpu clocked at 2.8 ghz, whereas my old laptop has a cpu of 1.8 lol, Ik 2.8 ghz is low, but thats faster than ny laptop and hence I want to run UPBGE on it, pls bro understand my feelings and try to do what you can to help me, thanks

Guys I really need UPBGE to work on that pc, pls think about the issue and rry to solve it, pls

Maybe the operating system is quite old and lacks some updates ?

As Cotaks says, maybe that issue is because the Operating System

No dude, I am using a windows 7 professional edition OS, and my uncle was using it for years, so that cant be the issue

Using it for years doesn’t speak to the updates in blender and which OCL versions it’s using and blender has undergone some pretty significant changes. I am not saying that’s the problem but that very much can be the issue. Think about it like this. An OS is not a free for all for software. Think of an OS as a platform for different drivers and frameworks to support interaction with hardware (OCL, CUDA, ETC). If you don’t update the OS then driver detectors both from the manufacturers and microsoft may tell you the latest version is actually 5+ versions behind because it is the latest supported version. It is always a good idea to go over the current driver version requirements in software and make sure you are up to date and if you can’t figure out why you don’t seem to be up to date, it could be a mac/windows update issue.

To that end, my point is try not to be too dismissive of the people helping you because your uncle had a different experience. In the meantime, my suggestion is get a driver cleaner and scrub your graphics drivers. Make sure they are completely gone, not just uninstalled, and then install the latest version applicable to your card. OCL issues are quite frequently related to drivers. This is probably the most popular driver remover and pretty much the first thing that comes to mind with most people when you say “driver uninstaller” https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Give that a try, make sure you uninstall them from safe mode and then reinstall in regular boot mode. Let us know how that goes and we can at least rule out a driver issue that way.

Well thanks for typing so much😅
Yes, I think that MIGHT be the issue, I will do what you said within a few days, and will inform you if it works or not, thanks

And dude, another question, what if I update my entire OS to 8.1 or 10? Will the issue be solved? Because i was thinking of updating the OS

Maybe. It is a little hard to say. If you do an inplace upgrade it likely will have no effect if this is an OCL driver issue which it seems like it is. If the problem is registry related or cache related, then it might, but just cleaning the drivers should also fix it then.

Please do and then like I said, let us know what happens. That will do a lot to rule out OCL problems. Like I said, and the program will remind you again, do it in safe mode. It will wipe the drivers completely off the system all the way down to the registry and caches so there will be so few traces left of the driver you would need someone from the darkweb to dig it back up. Just uninstalling drivers doesn’t really get rid of them so a driver cleaner can do a lot to make sure you have a fair shake at really “fixing” driver issues by reinstalling.

1 Like

Hey dude, I have another small quetison…
My uncle is going to upgrade this pc and change the simpron 145 cpu with an athlon 200ge cpu and a new mothetboard… so I do think that changing the motherboard will fix this issue, what do you think about it??

The motherboard has very little to do with driver issues. The saving grace is that windows may require a re installation after the CPU upgrade because it is considered a major hardware upgrade and when you reinstall you will obviously need to get your graphics drivers and starting from a clean slate like that can fix a lot of problems / make problems it didn’t fix way easier to diagnose because there is a lot less bloat to deal with.

Soooooooo if I get the new hardware and upgrade my OS, then the problem might automatically fix itself??

Not exactly. You just might be forced to reinstall your graphics drivers because you might be forced to reinstall all of windows.

Part of windows security measures involves detecting major changes to hardware. If you upgrade your motherboard and CPU you will likely need to not upgrade in place but completely reinstall windows which will mean you need to install new graphics drivers and that might fix your problem. Again, if the problem is driver related, and it seems like it probably is.

1 Like

Yes, thank you for time and advices, I will surely tell you weather it worked or not, thank you