Hit Detection on Different Parts of the Body

Alright, this is my first post so forgive me if this question ha been answered a million times before (though I don’t think it has, I searched the forums pretty throughly). I’m making a third person shooter and I was wondering if there was a way to have a character do different animations depending on where he gets hit. Like if he gets hit in the face vs the stomach.
My original idea was to surround him with “sensors” which were basiclly just cylinders. Every time a cylinder was hit the charater would do a different animation depending on what cylinder it was. It worked like I thought it would, but the problem was making the cylinders move with the character’s animations. For example, if the character were to get shot in the head, he would fall on the ground but the cylinders would stay in the same place. I tried using the copy location/rotation constraint which woked perfectly until I started the game and found out those constants don’t work in the game engine (as far as I know). So what should my next move be?

BDC

Maybe parent the sensor objects to some bones on the character.
I would use simple sensor objects like cubes.

Parenting to bones is the way.

Select your hit box -> Shift+select your armature -> Ctrl+Tab to pose mode -> Select bone -> Ctrl+P -> Make parent to bone.

This will make your hit boxes follow the armature wherever it goes. :slight_smile:

Holy crap it worked! Thanks so much, I didn’t even know you could do that. I can’t believe I didn’t think of that myself.