Hitch hikers guide review

This makes me cry :frowning:

http://planetmagrathea.com/shortreview.html

I have looked forward to this flim since
i heared about it and now this shit :frowning: :frowning:

i had a quick look at the detailed review… it seems like Zaphod doenst even have two heads. what kind of crap is this?

bad crap.

this is one of those things where i am not sure if i want to go just because once I see it I will always think of that interpretation when I read the books.

just like the lord of the rings. now when I read them i always picture frodo as the actor who played him. it destroys the imagination in reading.

at least read the books first before you go to the movie, if you haven’t yet.

I really need to get around to reading the book…

PS:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

I get the same thing.

i saw an advert for the movie a few months ago and knew it would be crap. it showed no actors, no nothing from the movie.

but the ad was of such bad quality that i knew the movie would be as bad.

At least IMO peter jackson stayed as true to LOTR as possible (with about 3 decent exceptions throughout the trilogy).

this one seems like it will be major crap.

Alltaken

he has two heads if you see the trailer but the second is under the 1st, its kind of wierd.

Of course you’ll get the same thing. The people who are renting the server out have cap on how much data transfer can occur in a month’s time. Thus if that cap (measured in gigabytes) is used up then the account is suspended, or you’re levied with overage charges.

The ads I saw looked good enough to me though, we’ll see though.

The third trailer is one of the most brilliant trailers I’ve ever seen. I for one am very much looking forward to the movie. The different versions of HHGTTG have never been faithful to each other, and were never supposed to be.

EDIT: Also, I’ve seen several positive reviews. There’s always someone who hates any movie, and they’re usually the loudest person.

I thought the trailer on UK TV looked pretty good. I haven’t read the book so I don’t bother much about the movie sticking to it. Even if I had, I don’t think I’d mind. I’m not much of a purist. I consider movies to be good or bad in their own right.

The thing that disappoints me the most is if the movie doesn’t live up to the hype of the trailer. Such movies include The Grudge, which I thought had a good trailer but the movie completely sucked. You get Sarah Michelle Gellar at the end trying to convince us it was good because ‘it makes you think’. If they’d put the movie in the right bloody order in the first place, we wouldn’t have to, bah.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to the hitchhiker’s guide but as always not too much so I don’t care so much if it’s bad.

I’m only a purist when they imply or let on in trailers that the flim is pure, that it isn’t just “inspired” by a/the book.

X: the movie didn’t live up X: the book.

I try to stay away from that mentality and shoot for:

X: the movie was a good movie compared to other movies, but it didn’t live up X: the book like they implied.

AND/OR:

X: the movie was a good movie compared to other movies.

I loved the original story too.
But I’ll check this version out just to see how they spun 5 books worth of cult si-fi into a (±) 90 minute movie for American general audiences.

the quality of the CG is just such an obvious hint as to how much care and effort they put into the film, and to be honest the CG is looking like a pair of hairy pigs bollocks

judging by the trailers i have seen

Alltaken :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s one way to interpret bad CG, though I didn’t see anything too terrible, but there are many really terrible movies that had great CG. If anything I’d consider that maybe the CG isn’t good because they spent more time and money on more important things.

Meh, I’m done, I don’t like arguing about movies, especially ones nobody’s seen yet.

Well the “review” (he said he only saw an unfinished version) mostly complains that they replaced/cut joke lines. Bad for those who didn’t read the books, but I have read them and wouldn’t mind a few new funny lines instead of just the book ones.

I think the CG in the 3rd trailer didn’t look bad at all, plus the trailer had that hitchhiker kind of humor.

CG should only mater if the script or the story suck… [this idea also holds true for many vidiogames too.] because thats all the movie might have going for it… but if the story is great and can pull you in then CG makes little difference. In fact you probably wont even notice it.

Plus with a movie based off of the Hitchhiker books… That bad CG might even have been intentional. kind of an artistic style, or a way to keep the comical atmosphere of the whole story in view. Imo this is one movie thats not meant to be believable, but fun and thought provoking, like the books were.

I for one am looking forward to this movie. now if only the price for a ticket wasnt so high… in the past year tickets have gone from $7.50 to $9.00 for a regular ticket and $5.00 to $6.50 for matinee… stupid money.

xm4r5h4llx

Jesus, this is HHGG… why do people care if it sticks to the books?
The books didn’t stick to the radio show.
The tv show didn’t stick to either the radio show or the books
The text-based game didn’t stick to any of these 3.

Why should the movie stick to any of them?

IIRC, Douglas Adams said that he knew all of these versions of the story were contradictory, and he promised that any movie that was made would be contradictory too…

So why now that DNA isn’t physically at the reigns do people care about continuity? And why always with the book version? (IMO the radio show was better, but then again I did hear the show before reading the books…)

Also, according to what I’ve read, most of the changes in the movie compared to previous versions were all either suggested by Douglas Adams or found in his scrapbook/computer/whatever. Certainly far more than have been added by other people.
[/rant]

Can’t wait till it comes out…

I was just about to say the same thing Phlip.

IIRCR it was Douglas Adams himself, who wrote all the changes in all the scripts, including the movie script. He’s dead you say, but he did write original movie script before he died.

And, IRC he said about the chracaters, that only thing that mattered to him, was that Arthur Dent is played by a British actor, everyone else could be from anywhere.

well if he stipulated crap CG for the previews then thats cool with me LOL :wink:

Alltaken

Well, as far I’ve gathered (I didn’t know the man) Adams cared more about the money than his artistic integrity.
As long he’d been paid, he wouldn’t have cared if they would have made a flick whit director waving his arse to the audience for couple of hours.