Hk416 m27 iar

The HK416 M27 Infantry Assault Rifle, made completely in 2.56, textures from CG tex, my latest work and I would like a second opinion. Feel free to critique it in any way you feel like, I’m just looking to improve anything I may have overlooked.

One thing i noticed straight away, was the incredible lack of sights…those can get important occasionally…
Also, that is a LOT of bullets 0.0 also, chances are that in a scene like this that the stock would be extended, lets face that you don’t often see bullets lying on the ground next to a weapon on the ground…that has the stock conveniently pushed in!
Anyway, thats my CRITS…
Time for my praises…
Very nice modelling,(Bar the sights) and an overall good look. bullets possibly a bit of overkill, but they look good.
(maybe use a normal map on the barrel, to make it look a tad more realistic.)

Overall, id say the modeling and layout of your render is done pretty well. The one thing that bugs me is the amount of bullets that are looked to be hand laid out on the ground rather that shot out. Also, why is there 4 bullets that havent been shot? Your lighting is good and your textures are nice as well. Like wefyb said, you could make the barrel look more realistic if you added a normal map and maybe a specular map as well. Goood job though. Oh yeah is this a high poly model or a game model? Im working on a Ruger SR 22 right now in Blender 2.56 as well. Ill post some pics soon :slight_smile:

i think you could work on the shadows because the ones from the bullets are not relly visible compared to the barrel that is not even as close to the ground as the bullets are…also in the top-right of the image where i think wll and floor are meeting … there is almost no shadow at all… also some shadows between objects lack… maybe AO will fix this and even add some realism…and you have some sharp edges here and there…hope i could help …

I really like the modeling of the gun and bullets…the lighting is also good and gives some mood to the scene…(maybe work more on the bullet mag since its too simple …(there also too much sharp edges.) it seems to me like a curved rectangle sith ridges in top)…try adding detail like the bullets and gun seem to have have…

i didn’t mean to turn this image down and be too harsh … but i wanted to point out some weaknesses the image has … that might help you improve …

maybe i should have mentioned, but I think I may have thrown this renering up a little early, i wasnt completely finnished and I knew there were a few tweaks to be made, Like how weybf said about the sights and barrel, I planned on fixing those but was a bi too eager to get a critique on it. And I completely agree I put WAY too many bullets in it, it was late at night when I rendered and, and when I finished the gun itself I threw together a scene (and scattered the bullets pretty randomly) because I wanted a second opinion.
Thanks for the advice, it will be very helpful, and Ill try to arrang the bullets more realisticly.
@fpsgod17: its a high poly model

cool gun, Im excited to see your next render. The only crit that I have is that the grainy gray background is REALLY distracting. but you probably just had the AO at a low sample setting, but it still doesn’t solve the color issue, just try to add a complimentary color to the background, it’ll help your gun stand out better