Hmy royal caroline

The wood texture is just a set of seamless wood texture files I downloaded from someplace on the internet. If you look at the August 22 post above, you can see the shader network I used to create the different variations of the wood. I used the same texture files for all of the wood. I just adjusted the diffuse color using a color ramp to make different base colors and then used a random function to vary the hue between different pieces of wood.

You edited you first posts (both) and because of notifications now i see:
:man_facepalming: sometimesā€¦ you are the one with the F4 Phantomā€¦ so itā€™s a double repeated like now.

Yo dude how did you make the detail for the top image. I really like it and I dont even know what to look up to find tutorials or somehting on it. This is really nice!

1 Like

Im looking at it more and am really impressed with the detail!

1 Like

Iā€™m very interested in how you modeled the statues and insignia on this vessel.

I used Make Human to create the base meshes for the people. I imported the Make Human meshes into Blender, posed them and sculpted additional details. The mermaids are a combination of Make Human people combined with a tail that was sculpted in blender. The animals and coat of arms were sculpted in blender.

1 Like

The coat of arms was made pretty much the same way it would be carved from wood.

I found an image of the coat of arms and used it to make the basic shapes. (The object is not just one part, the animals, shield, belt, helmet, and other details are separate parts.) Each shape was roughed out and then re-topologized to have decent quad-based topology. I added a multi-resolution modifier to each object and used the sculpt tools to add details and round off the edges. The lettering and details on the shield are a bump map I did in Photoshop. I used the same bump map as a mask for texturing (all the objects were given a basic wood texture and then the mask was used to add ā€œpaintā€ to the lettering and shield detail)

1 Like

Oh yeah that makes complete sense. Thanks man! Good work!

Thank you for detailing the process. This will be useful on one of my future projects. The sculptures were outstanding aspects of this model and really impressed me!

1 Like

This is a stunning model, congratulations!