hod do I rotate an object exactly 90 degrees numerically?

How do you transform,rotate, or scale an object numerically? I want to flip an object exactly 90 degrees but using the mouse to rotate it I get like 90.15 or something like that. Can’t I type in the exact amount of rotation desired in a box somewhere?

Thanks,
-Trev

R90<Enter> S2.5<enter> GX1<enter> E1ZZ2<enter> You’ve got the idea. :slight_smile:
EDIT: Numbers should be non-numpad.

also, you can hold Ctrl to snap- Grab movements to the grid- Rotate movements to 5 degree increments- Scale to 0.1x incrementsHolding Ctrl+Shift gives higher precision.

Let me expand on Trident:

After pressing S, G, or R the you can constrain it to an axis. If you push X, Y, or Z it locks to those global axis, but if you push XX, YY, or ZZ it locks to the object’s local axis.

[edit] phlip: On mine, you just have to hold Shift for precision. Does Ctrl+Shift make it more precise? [/edit]

-Laurifer

Aha! Thanks guys… Being so visually oriented I was looking for something onscreen in the interface for a clue. Thanks for the tips.

-Trev

okay, this is great news.

can i get an object to rotate around the 3d cursor?
or
can i move the objects pivot point to another location?

if you know what i mean.

One of dropdowns in 3D view toolbar contain this setting (it has tooltip “rotation/scaling pivot”)

yes, :o
i just found this
http://entropy8.com/live/blenderpivot.gif
perfect

thanks!