- Horizon's Gate -

Been a while since my last post. Hope you are all doing as well as possible in this crazy times we life in. I have finally been able to create a new artwork that I am able to share with all of you. My newest world that hopefully sparks a little fire in your own imagination or just lets you dream for one or two moments before going on with your life. Whatever it might be I hope I can add something positive to your life even if it is just a tiny fraction of a day.
By the way I always love to read all of your interpretations of my artworks and appreciate it very much if you take the time to send me your story.

Thank you very much if you read this far and I hope you have a wonderful day.

More on Instagram

45 Likes

Stunning image, I love the colours ^^

2 Likes

The colors are so incredibly vibrant, really out of this world!
Amazing work ^^

2 Likes

:+1:
congrats.

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much, glad you like it :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words :smiley:

1 Like

I trust those trees less in every image. Well that’s a lie, I began to suspect the trees were the cause of an apocalypse represented in at least some of your images after staring at - Old Horizon - too long and noticing more and more details and that was your last image, but this image isn’t dispelling any of my concerns that those trees are up to something.

I do enjoy your pretty, surreal landscapes with your mysterious environment suit people always doing things.

1 Like

It is sooo Fing cool to read interpretations like yours. Also big smile on my face because you seem to follow my work what is just mind blowing to me :exploding_head: Regarding the trees who knows maybe they are up to something maybe they are a indication for something else or maybe I just like crazy colors and flora :stuck_out_tongue:

Sooo thanks for your kind words and taking the time :smiley:

2 Likes

Likely story. The trees got to you, didn’t they? ; D I suppose something else could be responsible for the trees though. (But yeah they do look cool.)

Your work is distinctive and leaves an impression so I’ve definitely seen noticed that I’ve seen and enjoyed your pieces before, even if I hadn’t remembered to press the follow button yet (an issue I’ve now resolved). - Old Horizon - was definitely a piece where the longer you stare at it the more weird, curious details you start to notice, and the more you want to go look at some of the other pieces that seem to be along this theme, and the more you start to feel like they’re a part of the same shared world with a greater story.

It could just be a shared visual aesthetic, character asset reuse, and good visual storytelling that implies a greater shared world, without any specific story intended, but it still gets one thinking, as intended by the sounds of it. I’ve enjoyed them. Surreal, calm, and yet a dash of potentially sinister implications in a couple of the more apocalyptic seeming pieces. It’s a fun and beautiful series of images.

2 Likes

I prefer it when people have the freedom to interpret my work like the want to, that is why I in most cases don’t share too much of my own thoughts regarding the stories of my pictures.

I can tell you that the two astronauts/adventures are always the same two characters. I want them to explore my worlds with the viewer together. I definitely have different ideas to bring some more story into my artworks specially for people that follow along the journey of the two. Also there is a story in place evolving since the first picture of the series but I don’t want to push these kind of things onto the viewer so I haven’t seen anyone notice the story yet :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ok, here’s my caption:

Hey Joey, look at this flower! It’s missing a petal. Pretty amazing, huh?

In other words, Bill is so focused on the little details, that he doesn’t notice his best friend is now a demigod with a glowing staff, and that he’s about to walk through a giant alien alter with floating trees in plain sight.

1 Like

thank you for that one :joy: :rofl: best one I read in quite some time!

1 Like
  • open picture in new tap
  • setting screen brightness to 100%
  • enjoy the colors!!!

woow thanks!

Done! :wink:
first detail i spotted was the glowing staff -
iam into all things fantasy and magic - so your world is really inspiring!
and i love that it - for me- has this very friendly happy positive and calm feeling!
would love to start and explore this space more!!! dive right into it -
spread my wings, take a deep breath of the pleasing smell of the flowers, push against the soft grass under my feet and fly
fly around the trees - maybe land on one of the old knotty branches -
feeling the nice sun on my feathers -
then on through the stone structured canyon -
towards this wide opening at its end -

Thank you for this nice invitation to dive into this wonderful world of magic and phantasy!

1 Like

Thank you very very much!!! That is exactly what I hope to accomplish with my latest series. I just want to create happy and way to colorful worlds in which the viewer wants to explore and relax and maybe dream a tiny bit :smiley:

1 Like

I saw miniature from the first post and well, really nice but nothing special, then I clicked full size and WOW!. Vibrant colors and lots of details.
What I see here? Ancient ruins maybe? Explorers of the past or guardians of the sacred, long forgotten place?

1 Like

Glad you took a closer look and thank you very much :smiley:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you! Have great weekend :smiley:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like