Horn-Extrude (a real-time horn creation. V0.5 Now for 2.36)

Check this, is almost a Taper like application. This is a demo only script, try it, play it, modify it, but no support because there is a Taper function already done by Ton.

To execute create an Empty Object on your scene, press F9 and rename the objects as “SpecialCursor” (Very important) then load the scripts horn.py and gui_horn.py on Blender. And follow the instructions on this web page
http://www3.sympatico.ca/emilio.aguirre/hornextrude.html

Greetings,

Emilio

emillio

Very nice utility script. What I liked most about it was the CLEAR instuctions on the web site. Congrats for just that. Notwithsyanting the good script.

[edit] I just went to the front page of your site Emilio and saw sfblender. Where has this thing been hiding from me. I could have used this program MONTHS ago. Again congratulations and thanks.

hi, eaguirre, long time no see
your sfblender is great, when will a new version be released? :wink:

AWWWWWWW THAT is soo coooooolll See this is what I thought all Pythonn script s should be like super interactive and live real time edits ¡…

I hope to see more real time stuff from others now if they use your demo code.
Thankyou ! :smiley:

lol poor suzanne! :stuck_out_tongue: neat script!

This is very cool! Thank you :smiley:

WOW!! Just found HornExtrude and was blown away! How very cool. I’m always a little disheartened when I find cool scripts like this a while after they are released because it only makes me wonder how many really cool scripts I a am missing out on… I think that this script should be bundle with Blender.

Again, very cool.

TorQ

I completely agree with youngbatcat, the interactivity is awesome. I’m using python more and more and I’m amazed at the interactivity of your script.

I think this also should be bundled with blender. And I would even put it in the normal menu, along with normal extrude! This is great.

It’s ideal for making snake shapes, tree branches, anything.

And I would even put it in the normal menu, along with normal extrude! This is great.

I totally agree. Great work Emilio ! :smiley:

emilio.

What does the s slider in this script do. Everytime I use it blender crashes.

S is Size or Scale (of the horn). Try “Free Face” before using the slider (although I can use the slider while halfway thru the creation of the horn).

%<

emilio.

I downloaded and installed the 2.36RC1 yesterday. I installed it OVER 2.35a. I just ring horn.py and gui_horn.py on a mesh of my own. In the console window I get this

File “C:\BLENDER233\BLENDER.blender\scripts\horn.py”, line 11, in ?
ob = Object.Get(“SpecialCursor”)
AttributeError: Unknown object specified.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\BLENDER233\BLENDER.blender\scripts\gui_horn.py”, line 134, in bevent

facenum = mesh.getActiveFace()

AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘getActiveFace’

Is this an incompatibility with 2.36 or did I need to compy more then just the two scripts

{EDIT}

OK I see now that the topic says it only for 2.34 Sorry about that.

I haven’t touch the script in a while, let me check and I will give you some reply soon.
Emilio.

I haven’t touch the script in a while, let me check and I will give you some reply soon.
Emilio.[/quote]

Emilio you never got back to me on this??

I’m using 2.36 now … I just love this script … sure hope it’s updated so it can be used in the latest release.

I just hate how scripts become useless when a new version of Blender is created. There really should be an effort to fix this by making new releases more backward compatible. I know that most of the problem is with python … but still … this is so frustrating. :frowning:

Emilio.[/quote]

Emilio you never got back to me on this??[/quote]

Sorry I’m still recovering from a Xmas party %|

Here is my 0.5 version of hornextrude, download the blend file.
Open the blend file. Goto the Text window and save as the horn.py with the same name, and select the gui_horn.py and save it as well.
Open your new project, go to the Text window, open this two python files.

In your 3D Window create a new Empty, press F9 and change the name of the object to “SpecialCursor” (this is very important) then follow the instructions of the web page

I already tested with the Blender 2.36 and It works, try it and give me your comments.

Greetings,

Emilio

Emilio.[/quote]

Open the blend file. Goto the Text window and save as the horn.py with the same name, and select the gui_horn.py and save it as well.

In your 3D Window create a new Empty, press F9 and change the name of the object to “SpecialCursor” (this is very important) then follow the instructions of the web page

I already tested with the Blender 2.36 and It works, try it and give me your comments.

Greetings,

Emilio

Emilio.[/quote]

Greetings,

Emilio

Why is this same message posted three times?

Where is the blend file to be downloaded … I couldn’t find it.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/emilio.aguirre/hornextrude.blend

:expressionless: Sorry,

Emilio