HostileStudios Multiplayer System [1.5.6] (performance and reliability update)

K thanks for the fast reply.

Agoose this multplayer setup is incredible, I was thinking about, to create some kind of tutorial when your setup get more complete, and we can create a simple game and make tutorials from the beggining to the end on how to implement the system on the game, because maybe its easier for you to see how do things but maybe is harder for new users or people with less pythin knowledge to understand exactly how make the setup to work properly.
So what you think? We can use this as the first tutorial for the tutorials website? I ll make the models, the scenario, work on textures and you ll work with the tutorial creation and the setups.
This can be great because Im zero on python, and I ll be abble to feedback if the tutorials are easly to understand.

of course, i’ll get started if i have time.

I mean, start this on some time either, I have no time right now, I have 2 projects to finish, but I ll contact you and we can arrange what we ll do.

cool!! i really need to read this

Updated, hopefully fixed the main errors that people have reported!

Looks very interesting. Very.

Does it work with C-106 Delta’s BPPlayer (1.04+)?

I don’t know, i’ve never tried it. However, you would have to replace the blender player in c-106’s BPPlayer with the one found in the components build, which is easy, so i presume so, yes!

Hi Agoose,
The setup looks fairly easy to achieve, i’l look into it.
i’d also like to know if its possible to implement a chat system too!:smiley:

Yes, that’s not too hard

Got a monster system in progress, and soon after a chat.

Updated with random spawn (use a spawn mesh) and monsters, though monsters is basic.

Cool, how do I add the random spawn script? I can’t find it on ur website :frowning:

sorry, it’s in the latest files.zip:
http://hostilestudios.com/networking/download.php?file=files/files.zip

Type plugins.random_spawn and type the name of the spawn mesh.

Oh, thanks :slight_smile:

Okay, sorry about this (i feel like an uber noob): How do I create the random spawn? I have put the .py files into BlenderMP\2.57\scripts\bge_components and have no idea what to do now. I’m lost :confused:

Thanks

Type plugins.random_spawn and type the name of the spawn mesh

Ah, I figured out what I was doing wrong, the plane has to have a face. This works great :slight_smile: Will you please help with something: I want to add a dynamic object (a simple rigid cube), but when I add plugins.orientation_encode and plugins.position_decode, I get 2 blocks. How do I get only one block that can be interacted with? Thanks.

ooh, upload the blend please - You’re beta testing.