Hotkey Questions

Hey, I was wondering if there are hotkeys to move/rotate/scale along the local coordinates or the normal coordinates instead of the global coordinates. ?

Also, is there a hotkey to unlink objects sharing linked data?

And while I’m at it, I may as well ask this too:
Is there any way to clear a crease made with the Shift+E method once it’s been made?

Thanks,
QA

Hey, I was wondering if there are hotkeys to move/rotate/scale along the local coordinates or the normal coordinates instead of the global coordinates. ?

do you mean this:
press s and then x to scale in x coordinate
press s and then y to scale in y coordinate
press s and then z to scale in z coordinate

… No, just hitting X,Y,Z only once makes you rotate only along the Global axes in any view mode .

1. You need to hit X,Y,Z twice respectively with the transform orientation set to normal/view/global/local (Alt-Space and look the 3D header for what is happening when you hit R+X+X in the various transform orientations) … yes the local/global difference seems redundant since you still have to hit X/Y/Z twice in local mode as well, but not so much because you can have an object that is the child of another object that is oriented differently etc. , so it can be very useful in complex setups …

2. L with the object you want to make local in Object Mode .

3. Yes . Shift-E again or open up the transform properties window (N) and manually input the value .

Much thanks, Vertex Pusher!
You rock.