hotlinking read!

(blengine) #1

if u have a free hoster (tripod, geocities, ack ack ack) that doesnt allow otlink to images, just make an html page with the pic on it! =) that way u can link it here and we wont have to copy and paste…
the free hosts allow html linking, but not file linking, so make some htmls for your pics

(Bapsis) #2

Agreed, would make things much simpler for the rest of us.

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

(BgDM) #3

Agreed to. Just don’t have the time to do it some of the time.

BgDM

(Bapsis) #4

…also, was just wondering if we linked to a .html or .jpg, instead of embeding the image in the post page, would this save $ on Kib’s bandwidth? If it would i would also like to suggest that maybe ppl could just provide a link to the image.
Just a thought :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

(kerosene) #5

agreed :slight_smile:
but… tripod DOES allow file linking. so no problem with that.

well… in ie u can drag&drop the link to the adressbar. that works too (no link then).

(acasto) #6

Here hopefully tonight, the site ( iptic.com ) will be up and the free space will to. You will have 50Mb free space and an email address, with no linking limitations. I’m going to have a form set up for people to send in their request, but for now if anyone needs a space you can e-mail or IM me with the following information:

Name
Site name ( mysite.iptic.com/ “whatever” )
What you use blender for now?
Where you hope to go with blender in the future?

When I get it, I will then send you an email or IM back with your site name (in there is no conflicts) password, and necessary connection information.