House at the Edge of the Forest

Created a small scene using Botaniq and Megascans. I was going for a colder autumn atmosphere, with inspiration from Witcher 3.
It was a study in lighting and post for a small personal project.

42 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

So beautiful! :+1:
Can you share some tips on post processing :wink: The colors are great!

1 Like

Would it be possible to buy you model?

I would like to test if we could get it online and how it looks using Lightmap bake.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Just DOF is gives “miniature-like” effect. Overall is great.

1 Like

The models are all from Quixel’s Megascans. The building is a modular set you can find in there. So you can’t buy the models since they’re not his, but you can grab them from Megascans as well if you want to.

As for the render, the only critique I have is the strong Depth of Field that makes everything look like a miniature set. Increase the F-Stop and you’ll get a much better sense of scale.

1 Like

Nice work and detail you added.
As others i have same critique of extreme D.O.F.
But it could be your Artistic taste!! Except that all good!!

1 Like

Yes my friend pointed this out as well and i absolutely see it as well. I like shallow DoF but i should have gone with a smaller focal length.

Thank you!

Thanks!

For PP i used only Da Vinci! It’s free and it’s great. I am very much a beginner at post processing but i had a look at some basics, then looks at my references (Witcher 3 basically :wink: ) and tried to replicate it but bringing up some highlights, slightly lowered the saturation and tried to get an over all colder look by playing around with the temp.
Then there’s a noise filter and vignette as well :slight_smile: Nothing fancy.

Thank you for your feedback!

1 Like

Hey! No i couldn’t sell it since it’s kitbashed from modular Quixel assets :slight_smile:

Exactly. I have not done any modelling in this at all.

Yeah the DoF was pointed out to me by a friend as well and i absolutely see it and i have made sure to take it into account in future projects.

I usually do like short DoF but here the effect is made worse (in this case) because it is rendered with and 85mm as well.
Not a good combination in this case. Thank you for your feedback!