House In Woods

Another artwork:

Hope you like it!:wink:

5 Likes

Hello !

Well it’s a great scene overall. Since this is a " Focused Critiques " topic, this is mine :slight_smile:

• I can’t see if you want to make us believe it’s raining outside or if the window is dirty. We don’t need to know what’s really happening outside, but we need small clues to imagine it.
  • The walls are unclear too, what material is it ? Stone ? Concrete ?
  • I have a feeling that you want to push a particular atmosphere by using sharp, thin, black objects into it. But you’re using a thick wood drawer with a shelf on the left side, maybe there are not appropriate here.
  • Who puts a floor lamp in front of a huge window like this ?
  • I’m pretty sure you can’t even build a window like this :stuck_out_tongue:
  • The sun shades are a good way to keep the eye in the middle of the picture, but in this case, I feel strange for space of this quality to have only four mini-sun shades who lets light pass between them :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
  • I don’t know if you tried to composite the render, I feel like it’s missing a bit of post-production. I tried to do a little photoshop to see what could be done :

The difficulty here is that’s it’s purely a personnal approach, so you have the right to dislike it.

Keep up the good work ! :ok_hand:

Hello. I like your interior scene. It looks quite clean. For my focused critique, I would say that my first impression is that the render seems a bit too dark. The colours are all dark. You could brighten it up in several ways from increasing the brightness, or using lighter colours of things, or even changing up your materials palette. I too agree with the points of the previous commenter, except that I like the wood furniture. On the closeup, most materials look a little gritty and bumpy, and it gives away that it’s not real. But I wouldn’t worry too much about the closeups if you are going for the more zoomed out look, I do not know your usecase. I would prioritize changing the strange wall texture, I can’t tell what it is either.