House primitive

Hi,

I made an update of my scripts so they work in bmesh.
Feel free to test and comment…(to test run the 3 py files).

ArToKi HoMa (5).zip (8.92 KB)

happy blending!

tmaes

very, very awesome! I feel this is going in a good direction! now you need to work on the house complexity, make windows, doors, balcoons, terraces, etc, of course textures and many many other things - when it comes to architecture, it is a reealy reealy gigantic subject to work on! But a good base is required, so if you want to make it a big script, be sure your basics are good!

You are totally right, and I have to rewrite it before adding complexity… it is actually only 300 lines of code so it is still possible.
there are some pieces of code that needs to be passed into functions, I also have to clean the beginning of the house creation, control the UV and materials at every stage, and scattering needs cleanup too, I used quick-win pieces of code that are awful (if ever I was programmer instead of a stupid architect :wink: …)

Thank you for feedback! That’s what I need to keep up.

tmaes

Any updates to this to make it work in 2.67?

This script is for the 2.6X version?, because it does not work in version 2.67

Is there an update for 2.7x ?
I also tried version 2.64, but it didn’t work.

Hi,
Sorry for the absence of answer, my mail adress was wrong in the board preferences…
The scripts still works in last versions (for me at least :wink: )
You can grab last versions here:
http://www.tmaes.be/web/fr/dev-fr.html

bBB
Thanks I had lost this script in my last hard drive crash. But I see the video for your other script City Maker on that page but there is no link to it.

Hi, it is House tools on the same page… the name has changed…