House rendering (Updated 10/11/04)

Thanks Jaycun. :smiley: I still have alot to learn. Maybe some day.

I did model the back of the house, but I did not model the ground behind it.

At some point I would like to create a real time version using “baked” textures from this model.

It took a little more than 24 hours to render. I rendered it at a high resolution in order to print at 300 dpi.

About the house I know it’s nice and everything but make the windows reflective unless you’re going to model the inside of the house.

Progress update. I will fix the problem with the upper windows. I am looking for comments regarding the new grass.

Thanks,

Erich

http://home.entouch.net/ehendee/house_wip18_low.jpg

It looks nice. It is pretty wierd that its blurry. But its looking good.

-JM

Yes, that grass is too blurred. Do you have some DOF blurring or is it just like that? Maybe it’s the OSA filter that’s doing it because the grass is so fine. If that’s the case, you might have to render the grass and model separately then composite them.

The grass does look much better though. I also think the shadows give the image a greater sense of depth. But, the house looks too dark now. I think at midday, you would see more of the inside of the house.

I wouldn’t worry about not modelling stuff inside the house. Newly built houses don’t have stuff in them usually anyway and even houses that do, you can see very little from the outside. I think the way you had it before looked much more homely.

BTW, what did you use for the trees? They look really good. Are the background and foreground (in reflection) ones modelled or are they images?

Yes, that grass is too blurred. Do you have some DOF blurring or is it just like that? Maybe it’s the OSA filter that’s doing it because the grass is so fine.

It just comes out that way. :x

BTW, what did you use for the trees? They look really good. Are the background and foreground (in reflection) ones modelled or are they images?

They are images. The plants in the flower beds are models.

Does the Hemi light cancel out the shadows from other lamps? :frowning:

Ah yes, much better! I see you’ve listened to some remarks earlier in the thread :wink:
The shadows give better contrast, much more realistic sunny lighting!
The sky is more realistic.
The grass is also good, the blur is maybe a bit too much. And I like the other plants as well.

One thing that I would change though is the reflections in the windows. Think about where the camera is, and what angle the camera and the windows enclose! The windows should reflect more of the sky than of grass. And the top windows seem to be totally pure white, a bit odd.

But all in all a very good picture!

Zsolt

http://home.entouch.net/ehendee/house_wip20low.jpg

I think this is it. I went back to the old grass. Thanks for the comments and crits.

Erich

excellent!! [!] [!] [!]
Are you studying to be an architect?

Well done erich, that last render looks great. At first I thought “oh no he’s gotten rid of the clouds now” but it looks fine and you’ve got the lighting on the front of the house fixed. It has a softer look about it too. Before it was like bright midday, now it’s more sunny afternoon. Good call on the grass too.

Wish my real house looked like that :(.

Thanks PlantPerson! :smiley: Actually, I studied Environmental Design in college. To become an architect, I would need a Masters in Architecture and take the registration exam. Right now I am a designer (read drafter). My goal is to make a living making pretty pictures. :wink:

Thanks osxrules! :smiley: This house in the suburbs of Texas would probably cost $200K US. On the east and west coast the price could double. :x