House

Yep, its a house!
An easy quick image i did over the weekend.
BI.
Cheers.
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/3352/house4ze7.th.jpghttp://img392.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Talking about the image - did you use OSA at all?
Except this, it seems to be nearly photorealistic. Is it pure blender? I don’t want to offend, but the textures and props remind me professional renders from CAD.
Talking about the house - looks good and modern. Interesting concept.
The only thing I don’t understand is the shape on the floor that seems to be a swimming pool :-/

Hey Emu.
I did use OSA, although i did some post processing in Photoshop using the sharp filter where i may have used a little too much, thus the AA issues.
Yeah, it is pure Blender, i did use Photoshop for levels adjustment, brightness/contrast and sharp filter though.
The plants are just alpha mapped textures controlled with brightness/contrast factors in Blender. I’ll find the website again where i got these from if you want.
don’t want to offend, but the textures and props remind me professional renders from CAD”
Im not too sure about this comment. The house/ground textures i just picked from my ‘textures folder’. The grass is using particles. I have however been spending a fair amount of time looking at ‘archictectual visualisation’ images, created from all sorts of 3D applications on the web.
Yeah, lol, its a pool. Maybe a bad idea?
Thnx for the comment.

It is certainly a well-done, very serviceable rendering. The moire-pattern on the garage door feels a little bit objectionable, and I perhaps would have softened the tonal-range a little bit (i.e. “in post,” with Photoshop), but these are nits. For the purposes of instantly and clearly conveying an architectural scene, this is a very fine example.

“Except this, it seems to be nearly photorealistic. Is it pure blender? I don’t want to offend, but the textures and props remind me professional renders from CAD.”

I think the reason it looks like this is cause he gave it kind of a toon feel, I like it a lot, I think it could have used some more props other than that I think you nailed the feel.

Regards,
Tim

Very good modeling and texturing, but there’s something I find very wrong: the sky. It looks very distorted, as if you forgot to map the sky texture to Sphere or something else, and mapped it to View instead.

yeah, i agree with Alpha, the sky seems funny.
Apart from that, a dam good render for Internal.
What are your light settings?
GOOD JOB Leon.

were the man or the kid composited or modeled?

Cool guys.
Nice comments
The sky looks terrible. I saw it a few hours after i posted and realised i had used the wrong sky texture. :o
@Digital_Domain: Used a single sun (Orange), with two hemis (one blue, one light orange) and a single white lamp.
@tomrebel2: They were alpha mapped. So neither composited or modelled, they were part of the render. You can do a searh on the web for ‘Alpha mapping’ for further information. Let me know if you need help.
Ok guys, thanks again for the comments, appreciated.
Take care.

I don’t like the architecture, but as a render it’s good.