How Build Blender for Linux like the official Builds

Hi,

from time to time, if there is a new interesting Feature available for testing, i compile and share a Blender Version with this Feature for Linux 32bit. For some People this Builds are working, but for other People not. Sometimes the Problems are easy to solve unsolved Dependences like

./blender: /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62: no version information available (required by ./blender)
 ./blender: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./blender)

sometimes there are Problems with Python like

./blender: error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.2mu.so.1.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

But to me it looks like this Problems do not exist by using official Blender Builds or Builds from the Buildbot site.

I do my Blender Builds with a simple “make” command, what can i do different to compile Blender in a Way that the Builds have as less Dependences as the official ones?

Any help appreciated…

./blender: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15’ not found (required by ./blender)

The problem here is the support libraries blender is built with are more recent than the ones on the system running it. I don’t know how the foundation does it, but using older support libs would help I guess.

Install python3-devel and glibc-devel packages (or similar named if you use other distributive). If you use 64 bit distributive and it was compiled nice before, but bug appear when you try 32 bit version, install 32-bit analogue of that libraries.