HOW CAN I BE A PROFESSIONAL In 3D (Archviz) with blender?

Good skill deliver good work and Cycles while not the fastest render engine can offer stunning render results.
Use like I do an online render farm (Render.ST) and you don’t even have to own high end render rigs.

Cycles is however not what makes a rendering good - it is you having the talent using Cycles and Blender the right way.

I clicked on this thread to say the exact same thing,
Screw you for stealing my thunder,sterling ):

Good skill deliver good work and Cycles while not the fastest render engine can offer stunning render results.
Use like I do an online render farm (Render.ST) and you don’t even have to own high end render rigs.

thx man :slight_smile:
i will never give up

I clicked on this thread to say the exact same thing,

wow really !!

kids …

In all seriousness, a large part of being professional is how you present yourself. Would you walk into a job interview and just yell at the person you are hoping to get to hire you? Then why are you yelling online?

I know this is just a forum on the internet, and punctuation and grammar don’t really matter all that much, but most of the people with the money to hire out an artist tend to be older and more conservative. They want someone who takes it seriously and wants to represent themselves with an appropriate demeanor.

As professional artists, we are putting an image to the clients idea. They need to be able to trust you to represent their idea in a respectable way, and using proper grammar and punctuation is a large part of that.

I have had to go through resumes for potential employees and spelling and other conventions are a big factor. If I got a resume from you that was blasting on capslock til halfway through the sentence, I would immediately disqualify it. No offense intended, but If I have 50 qualified candidates and I can only hire one, I’m looking for anything I can to thin out the selection.

You guys do realize he’s from Algeria, right? He writes English so well I thought he was an American. I think we can cut him some slack.

Besides, he means professional in skill-quality not getting hired.

Interesting artworks…lucky:yes: … the personality…in each country it is different…I worked half a year in the Archviz Studio …simply I showed the demo works+portfolio and they hire me - it depends a lot on the competition that you have against each other ,it’s different but you always have to be ready.
Act as a professional and you’ll be a pro…hundreds(thousands) of hours before your monitor,it is a professional,there is no easy way.
Good luck!!

SterlingRoth
Okay but you read in the end of the thread :

(And sorry for my bad english)

I haven’t some tips or advise to write a resume in English i have a good level to understand English but not to write i’m Arabian lives in Algeria and this is not my object .

Besides, he means professional in skill-quality not getting hired.

Thanks man this what i mean :slight_smile:

Interesting artworks…lucky:yes: … the personality…in each country it is different…I worked half a year in the Archviz Studio …simply I showed the demo works+portfolio and they hire me - it depends a lot on the competition that you have against each other ,it’s different but you always have to be ready.
Act as a professional and you’ll be a pro…hundreds(thousands) of hours before your monitor,it is a professional,there is no easy way.
Good luck!!

Thanks man :slight_smile: i wish you much success in your career

little tip for all that told hom to be a pro and stop using all caps - stop acting this way yourself by leaving those sillly by itself comments act professional and provide an answer to the real question he had.

people in this form really can act like children.

that makes this forum look bad

Thanks,
“Besides, he means professional in skill-quality not getting hired” I see :)…so…interesting lighting-mood? …a story?..the weather? … all of it can distinguish between a boring-stereotype visualizations from interesting ,but it depends on the client as it wants to.

Photography is good to study. Lighting, focal points, framing shots, and that kind of stuff.

Andrew Price suggests trying to tell a story, but I don’t see it much in ArchViz. I’ve always associated ArchViz more along the lines of Industrial Design or Concept Design. The focus is on communicating an idea, not necessarily creating a dazzling image. That isn’t to say you can’t do both, though.

In all seriousness,

It’s great to see more and more people who live in North Africa take up blender, I thought I was alone :slight_smile:

I don’t think your English is bad , it’s way better than what I used to type up when I started getting into forums(which sadly wasn’t too long ago)
And it doesn’t actually matter, in the CG world, no one cares about how well you speak English, they just care about your work, and you are on the right track.

To answer your first question…

I don’t know much about arch-viz but I do know that to get good at anything CG, you have to stop thinking about the technical details and really focus on the artistic details.

I consider myself a good Modeller,
I can look at say… a flash light, and model that pretty quickly.
But since I’m not very good at the artistic side of things,
I can’t model fictional things without very specific and precise reference.
Can’t do characters
can’t do scenes
can’t do nothing apart from making a pixel perfect replica of an AK-12.

All because I was so caught up with the technical details of modelling stuff instead of learning basic composition or anatomy.

Don’t make the same mistake I did.

Apart from that, I hear the architecture academy from Andrew Price is really good

Sorry for being a stickler on caps. I certainly can’t write anything in Arabic, or any other language, so you’ve got me beat there.

The best way to improve your skills is to practice and to push yourself. Set deadlines for yourself and try to keep them. As others have mentioned, try not to spend too much time on tutorials. Following directions laid out by someone else can only get you so far. combine your interests, if you love soccer/football, design and render a stadium. If you love cars, render some cars. By taking that passion that you already have for something and directing it into a blender project, you can improve your skills quite rapidly, while keeping the energy and motivation to proceed.

‘Professional’ is a word that is mis-used very often on this forum, even by native English speakers. I have been frustrated a number of times by people using “Professional” when they really mean “High-quality”, so this particular post triggered some irritation in me. I understand the miscommunication now.

cekuhnen Mistran xrg fdfxd SterlingRoth
Thank you all guys you are very help full this why i love this forum always i find a good answers for my questions :slight_smile:

mbmt13390

You are welcome. Blender and Cycles are really powerful tools. There are few main reasons why many companies do not use it which however often have less something to do with the power of Blender.

1. Tech support. Commercial companies always offer updates and technical support hotlines - Blender does not
    This is a real problem for companies to make a commitment at a larger scale

2. Existing pipeline and workflows. It can be expensive to retrain users onto a new software or convert all your
    existing material from other software products.

3. There are actually some engines for rendering that are a lot faster in interior rendering scenarios.
    Corona or Thea are two that beat Cycles hands down. But they are also not free.

I find Blender out of few reasons amazing.

1. Cycles - GPU powered render engine, great node material system, and online render farm options

2. Blender is free so as a designer you do not have to commit to heavy financial investments.

3. Blender is also more a 3D authoring tool and not just an interior architecture toy like SketchUp is.
    So I can use a lot of modeling techniques for creating my models using typical CAD approaches or modeling techniques
    used for character design to fine tune my models to perfection.

I truly believe Ton did an amazing job with Blender making it open source and over the years it turned into the defacto
standard 3D app for 3D work. It is open source but I would call it pro grade in its abilities. Not as powerful as Maya in
some areas but perfect for us.

If you check the last Blender Foundation videos you will see that an increasing amount of companies start to use Blender
because they see the price point, the ability to have animation modeling tools, and open source so they can modify and add
to Blender as a great toolset for their designers who use Blender.

BTW I took a look at your renderings in your portfolio. The look a little render engine formed.
I personally found it always hard to make a good rendering out of nothing. I love using photography to capture how
things should look look and then use those photos as a reference for how my renderings have to look.

This applies to interior / exterior as well as product renderings in my work. And it also helps the students a lot to
understand how their product renderings have to look to be realistic when matching them to a photo.