How can I export OBJ of Object Particles?

I’m emitting sphere objects in the particle system.
I want to export the particle objects as an obj sequence Blender is only exporting the emitters.
Does anyone know how to do this?

I am pretty sure this can be done in Maya but I’m hoping to use Blender since I am more familiar with it.

[EDIT]: Then again, I also need the basic feature of scaling particles over time. But, can Blender do this yet? Last I checked it was not possible. Maybe Maya is my best best?

Then again, I also need the basic feature of scaling particles over time. But, can Blender do this yet?
Very limited but use a particle texture set to ‘Strand/Particle’ coordinates and influence set to Size.

and for the export you could try particle instance modifier, as it generates real geometry… https://db.tt/2j6Z6mAY

I’m not really sure where to find those settings. I see hair and strand settings in a few different places but I’m not sure how to get them to do anything.

I did come across this tutorial yesterday and it’s very promissing. The only problem is I still am not getting particles to scale over their age. Till then it kind of defeats the my purpose for using Blender particles this way. The most promising solution I’ve come across is RE:ticular…and will give it a fair chance as soon as it works on my system.

Then again, I also need the basic feature of scaling particles over time. But, can Blender do this yet?

Yep, Blender has been able to scale particle over time for quite a while.

Here is an example file.

Attachments

265_size_over_time_works.blend (90.1 KB)

You are my hero