How can I include a copy of the os module with a realtime 3D distribution? (Resolved)

Well, it’s me again with another question. I’ve set up two realtime programs in the Game Engine that both utilize os.execl() to call outside programs. I made distributions for them with the BlenderPlayer and included Python24.dll along with the other required files, but it seems that Python24.dll doesn’t include the os module. How can I include the “os” module in my distribution so that users who do not have Python installed will still be able to run the programs?

(If you are interested, the two projects are “Custom Display Demo v1” and “Arcade Loader”)

Edit: Resolved. See last post.

Isn’t the os.py module part of the standard Blender distribution in the Python24.zip?

My apologies if I’m missing your point…

[unhelpful response removed]

-Edit-

Basil_Fawlty:
Python24.zip? I didn’t even think of that. Game Engine files usually just take the Python24.dll file. So can I just include the .zip file and Python will find the module there?

Python24.zip? I didn’t even think of that. Game Engine files usually just take the Python24.dll file. So can I just include the .zip file and Python will find the module there?

I’m afraid I don’t know anything about the game engine specifically, but that seems to be how it works with standard Blender Python. I would assume that the Python24.zip is the solution for you… but I could be wrong. That’s where Blender looks for the Python modules when a full Python installation is lacking, at least…

Thank you very much for your help Basil. I’ll test it out on a computer that does not have a full Python install tomorrow. I let you know if it worked out in case you’re curious.

Just to update, the issue has been resolved thanks to Basil’s help. Normally when making a distribution with the game engine, one only has to include the Python24.dll. However, when one wishes to call Python modules such as os, one must also include Python24.zip and zlib.pyd.