How can I make a perfect font bezel

I am trying to create some 3d letters with a straight edge bevel on them that meets in the middle of the letter. I’m not sure if I’m explaining this very well, and there’s probably a word for this style of text, but the end product should look like the opposite of letters chiseled in stone. The fronts need to bump out instead of carve in.

I’ve tried increasing the Ext2(with BevResol=0) and it creates this effect to some extent, but in order to make the bevel meet in the middle, the width has to be effectively zero. And any width below .98 starts to go nuts with crazy artifacts. I can’t post a picture, but I’ve tried to draw an ASCII example of how I would like the front of a letter “I” to look.

|\ /|
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |

/ \

If anyone has some suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

I understand what you’re talking about.

I think if you used the text tool and then press Alt + C to convert the text to curves, and THEN messed with EXT 1 and EXT 2 you’d get the result you were looking for. I’ll post more detail if nobody else does.

Width 0.965 (or thereabouts)
Ext1 0.100
Ext2 0.100

Is the closest I can get with 2.23 standard font.

%<

Desoto:
I did as you suggested, and the letters are still screwing up just as before.

Fligh %:
I tried those settings, and it works on all the letters I use except for a capital M. I was trying it on an arial font as I could not use the blender font(see below)

Another question: I tried to make these letters with an external arial font, as well as the default blender font. Now when I load up my save file, selecting the blender font is not an option. Where did it go?

2.28 supports TTFs! Get it today!