How can I make ESC not kill my apps?

I made a simple game with logic bricks which just let you drive a very badly made formula-one racecar around a track in circles. It was all logicbricks and tall walls. Anyway, is there any way I can make it when I run the exe pressing esc say… pops up a menu as opposed to murdering my process?
also to keep the forums clean, I’ll post my other question in here to. in order to change my Icon of the exe I Need to use a resource hacker, are any of the blender devs ever going to allow just choosing an ico file within blender?

I’m pretty sure there is no way to do this.

It would be nice if, to shut down the runtime completely, you pressed a button combination instead of just esc (that would make esc available to the game developer).

About the icons, you just have to use resource hacker.

Could someone report that to the bug tracker or give me a link so that I can do it? I’d really like ESC to bring up an options menu that I made for one of my games instead of just quiting. Also, pressing the “End” key from the BlenderPlayer doesn’t seem to restore the previous resolution on Windows machines. I’d like to report that as well.

Hmm…one of my games in runtime doesn’t close when I press ESC. I have to bring up the pause menu I created and quit from there. I’m using Blender 2.41 to make these runtimes.

I was working on a test where I made the esc key pause the game and it worked fine. Have you tried a quick test, maybe setting up escape to restart the game? I’m on a Mac, so maybe it’s a Windows thing.

I just tried with 2.42. With the editor the <ESC> key does not quit the application if a keyboard sensor with ESC is set up somewhere. There is no need to have any logic assigned to it.
You should only make sure you can quit the pogramm other wise you have to kill the process.

I do not know if this works with blenderplayer as well.