How can I snap an object with curve modifier to a vertex?

I need your valuable help in something I am stuck on…

As you can see in the image below, a curve modifier has been added to the selected object to follow a specific path. What I’m trying to do, but I don’t know if this is even possible, is αto snap point “A” of the object to point “B”, while moving the object.

I tried to move my object in edit mode, with the “Active Element” activated in “Transform Pivot Point” but as you will see in the second image, it “locks” in wrong point.

Any idea;

Thank you for your time!!!

enter image description here
enter image description here

Edit: Here is a blend file of what I am trying to do… Example.blend (1.0 MB)

Maybe not a practical solution for you but you can use “Follow path”.
Afaik there is no way to snap to a curve where no control point is.
follow_path.blend (97.4 KB)

added: If i see it right you have a control point there? Can you snap a simple geometry like a corner of a plane to it? Maybe you can post your file and we can take a look on it.

Okay, here is an example of what I am trying to do… Example.blend (1.0 MB)

I dont know why it is not working, for me i even cant set the 3d cursor where i want. An it looks snapping dont work with the curve modifier active. Snapping without curve modifier active works with correct snapping settings, but if you want the curve parts of the little piece align on the curve and activate the curve modifier again it gets distorted, no matter where the origin is setted. Perhaps someone other can look on this.

Maybe you can use this solution: other_solution.blend (930.5 KB)