How do i add scripts...??

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong place, i just joined so i dont really know where this should go :spin:

Okay now on to what i was asking. Ive been trying to model a spaceship, and I just finished, but it looks really weird, so I decided to add… greebles, i think their called? I dont really know, as I just brought out blender for the first time in like 8 months 2 days ago, and I never learned how to use it. So anyways I decided to try the easy way of using something called the… discombobulater? idk, i found a link to it while searching around these forums. Anyways it says to put the script under blender–>contents–>MacOs–>.blend–>scripts, but I can get as far as the MacOs folder, but then instead of a folder named .blend theres something named ‘blender’, and the ‘blender’ file is a… unix executable file? thats what it says it is… so yea I cant figure out how to add the script(s) to it since i cant get past that
‘blender’ thing.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

edit: oh yea and Im using blender version 2.4.5 (i think… its either 2.4.5 or 2.45 or 245, i just know it has a 2 4 and 5, in that order) and I am using it on my Leopard

I don’t know anything about Macs and the way they handle application files, but in Unix, directories with a leading dot are hidden. If you show hidden directories, you should see a folder called .blender, and inside this, there should be another folder named scripts.

BTW, it was my impression that Discombobulator came with Blender by default…

thanks, ill try that :slight_smile:

and thats what i thought to for a while, after reading about it, but i couldnt find it at all, so i decided to try and download it

Can you access other scripts from within Blender?

uh… now that u mention it, i cant…

on the bright side, i managed to get the scripts where i wanted them :smiley:

but no, i had forgotten that i needed to know how to access them from within blender… how do i?

In the menus, usually there is an entry named Scripts. For example, in Object Mode, if you click the Object Menu, and go all the way to the top, there is a script entry. If you want to see all your scripts, change one of your windows to the Script Window. Then they will all be located in subcategories under the menu Script.

oh cool, thanks!

i didnt know what i was missing out on before this :slight_smile:

thanks again!