How do I choose what objects render?

I have a model with different objects but I want to render some of them, not all. How do I hide/show different objects when rendering? Also, I have a mesh that disappears in edit mode. It looks fine in object mode, but when I hit tab only the object’s center shows, not the mesh. How do I fix that?

thanks

O

You could put your objects on seperate layers and turn off the layyers you don’t want to render.

Yah,
just select the objects you dont want then hit ctr+m (or shift +m i cant remember) andslect layer two, this will move them over to the second layer. then you can view everything by slecting all the layer boxes with the shift key, or select them individually to render only the layers you want.

hope that makes sense. :smiley:

Or an easier way would just be to save your work, and then delete everything you dont want to render and then revert back to the saved file when you are done :wink:

I have a mesh that disappears in edit mode.

Sounds like all vertices are hidden (H-key). Use Alt-H in edit mode to unhide them.

select the objects you dont want then hit ctr+m (or shift +m i cant remember)

Just M-key to set an object’s layer visibility. Note you’re not “moving” the object to a layer, rather you’re setting on which layers the object will be visible. It’s a subtle but important difference.

Also, shift+ ~key toggles between all layers and previously selected layers.

EDIT
Only for the 3D window your mouse cursor is in.

Thanks guys, it worked.