How do I fix these normal maps?

Hello,

I have extracted a model from a game and I’ve been trying to replicate the exact ingame looks. The model needs it’s materials manually remapped but that’s not an issue at the moment. What is an issue are the models normal maps. They are a mess and since I have no experience with normal maps, I’d like to ask you for tips on what can I do to fix the model.

Here’s a pic from material view:

I tried to flip them, recalculate all, rotate, mirror the UV map and so far nothing worked. I’m going to include the .blend file here so you can have a look for yourself:

It should contain all materials and textures

Thank you

switch the Image Texture node from sRGB to Non-Color?

1 Like

Oh wow that almost did it. There are still visible seams but that could be because of the UV map. Or is there anything else I can do?

Pic of seams:

Clearing custom normal data helped things out a bit too. That seam still remains, though I’m pretty sure it’s an issue with the texture itself, rather than a problem with the shading.

edit: it’s a face orientation issue. Three quarters of your bit there were shaded red. Recalculate inside and outside where appropriate to fix it up.

1 Like

I was about to reply that that’s what I did on one part of the model. No seams now. Thank you for your help, I’ll mark this as solved.

1 Like