How do i get a higher view port resolution?

Right now the viewport seems to be set at a resolution of 1280x1024 regardless of ,=monitor resolution, I’m running a 2560x1440 display and I would benefit from a higher resolution view. The rendered view does seem to run at 1440p but the solid Object Mode view runs at a low resolution.

How do i change to a higher resolution?

Right now the viewport seems to be set at a resolution of 1280x1024

Can’t you just grab the corner and stretch the view port out?

Hello thankyou for the reply’s. I am using windows 7 home. The 3D viewport is low resolution, Think of it like a video game e.g. Far Cry 3, if you have a 1920x1080 screen and you play the game at 800x600 you will see blocks or jaggies. In the 3D viewport of Blender that is how it looks, unless that is by design to have a low resolution look to it, this is after all not a video game, but i think a high resolution 3D viewport would be helpful to see things better.

You can’t go any higher than the screen resolution and that is what blender is using.

You can anti alias the viewport of you wish in the User Preferences / System panel under Window Draw Method settings.
There are also settings to anti alias text

Can you post a screencapture of your viewport ? I have trouble imagining how it looks like.
Maybe some setting of your graphic card ?

That sounds about right, I’ll use anti alias.

Zoomed in 300%

EDIT:

Those settings worked very well, its super smooth!