How do i get rid of warnings

Hi.
I’m getting a lot of “warning btCollisionDispatcher::needsCollision:static-static collision!” and I think its one of the reasons why I the game I’m doing is slow. does anyone know how to turn warnings off?

I don’t think you can turn the warnings off. Rather, you have to get rid of the warning. Are you using a near sensor? If so, I’ve had the same problems, and yes it slows down my computer as well. If your using a collision sensor that’s causing the warning, it can likely be fixed or worked around.

thanks for the quick answer. Yes I’m using a near senson. How did you go around it?
Does allways give a warning? Is there some kind of collision menu where I can say what to do if a collision happens?

I’m not sure there is a work around on the near sensor. There seems to be some sort of ‘bug’ with it. You can probably change it to a collision sensor, parent a plane to your object, and make the plane a ghost. That would work somewhat like a near sensor, I think. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can give you a better answer.

If you post the .blend, I might could help more.

thanks, I appreciate all the help. Here is the Blend file
As you see its a solar system. The object parenting the camera its supposed to be a spaceship. Behind the Camera there are a few planes with informative texture. The Idea is that once you get near a planet or the sun then the right plane(the one with the information about the current planet or sun) will move in front of the camera.
http://www.4shared.com/file/21805282/4b76c3a9/recreation7.html

Thanks again

Well, I looked at the .blend and I really can’t help. I have only a vague idea of what it is your doing. Interesting concept, but I’ve never tried anything like that. Someone on this forum has done something very similar. I don’t remember who, but it wasn’t that long ago. I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to work around the near sensor problem (likely with a ray sensor or collision sensor). There’s always a solution. Good luck.

Thanks anyway, I’ll learn to live with it otherwise :stuck_out_tongue: