How do I make a hexagon/edgy circle into a smooth circle?

Hi!

Maybe I’m a huge dumbdumb, but I’ve been googling around for how to do this and I can’t find anything that’s specific to my issue. Maybe it’s a search phrase issue, I don’t know, but everything seems to be for creating a mesh from scratch. That’s not the case for me. I’ve been trying to edit this Sims 4 mesh but I’m new to Blender and I’m totally lost. What I want to do is edit the edges of edgy shapes so they become rounded instead. I’m guessing it maybe could be done by adding more nodes to the wireframe and round it that way, but I have no idea how to do this.

The mesh itself is just one piece - when I toggle the eye to hide it the entire thing goes away. Different objects are not separated, so I’d have to somehow select only a part of the mesh, for example the top pancake (as seen below) and do them one by one. If anyone could share some insight or link a tutorial that helps I’d be really grateful. Thanks :slight_smile:

Here’s a print screen of what I’m looking at (I can only post one since I’m new in the forum):

You can go into Edit mode, hit p and choose “Loose parts” to separate the mesh into individual parts.

One way to up-res the discs or whatever they are would be to enable LoopTools in addons then:

• Select the top and bottom edge loops(hold alt while clicking edge), click Edge → Subdivide Edge-Ring, hit F9 to adjust the number of cuts if you don’t want 10.
  • Right click and pick LoopTools → Circle.

Note: You’ll have to remove the triangulation first. You can do this with Face->Tris to Quads and dissolving(Ctrl-X) edges on the top and bottom. If you don’t do this, the edge subdivide won’t work correctly.

Thank you, I’ll try it out!

tried with a subdivision modifier?

I have absolutely no idea what that is, this is the first time I’ve tried using Blender.

I see

Have an object

select it, and add a subdivision modifier to it

to obtain an higher resolution object (with more rounded circles…)

increment viewport value for more resolution.

Remember the manual is your friend:

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/modifiers/generate/subdivision_surface.html

HTH