How do I multitexture?

Hi all,

It is me again with a new question. I want to be able to tile my map with a texture but also want to use a full texture.

Example:

I have a 1024x1024 texture that has roads on it. This texture covers the entire map. I also have a light map that I use as a bump map for the game engine. I have areas of rocks, grass and dirt that I want to texture with tiles using a alpha map but since I have a full texture the tiles overlay the entire map and not selected areas. How do I get this to work?

Thanks,

Demi

You UVMapp it:

http://download.blender.org/documentation/htmlI/ch11s05.html

%<

I did that but the problem is I used Bounds 1/1 for the lightmap and roads. Now I want to map again for the tiles which will cover the vertex faces.

I did that but the problem is I used Bounds 1/1 for the lightmap and roads. Now I want to map again for the tiles which will cover the vertex faces.[/quote]
a mesh can only have one set of uv coordinates

map your other texture to an object or something else you can control, preferably your repeating texture [because there is nothing to align it with]

Thanks a bunch,

I kind of figured this was the case. I guess the route to go is write a shader and splatter it with alpha maps.

Demi