I am a beginner at messing with 3D objects. I am using Blender v2.7 (the latest version as of this post).
I downloaded a rigged .dae character and posed her. Once you pose a character, exporting them as an .obj should always export them in that pose. however I cannot seem to do that.
I searched these forums and there are MANY tutorials on how to export a rig as an animation. I don’t want her animated. I want her as a static object for a passenger in a car in a game.
Blender appears to not be able to do this I suppose, but I want to make sure I didn’t just miss something before I start researching paid software . . .
Steps I am taking:
- Downloaded a free rigged model from the net.
- Posed the model
- Clicked File->Export->Wavefront .obj file
- I have the following selected, which is correct: Apply Modifiers, Include Edges, Include UVs, Write Materials, Objects as OBJ Objects
PROBLEMS with the export:
- When I import the obj, she is back in the default T-Pose again, so her pose is not saving
- Her UV maps are NOT exporting, as I am only getting an obj and mtl file. The textures should be exporting also.
Is there another program i need to be able to successfully save this as a FROZEN model? From what I am seeing, Blender is for animation, not static models.