How do I tell if some computer parts are compatible?

I’m trying to build a new computer because my current one is too slow. I found some parts that I thought would be suitable for my needs (Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Single Unit Version Internal Solid State Drive MZ-7TE1T0BW and a GTX 780 ti). However, I don’t know how to tell if they’re compatible with other parts. Is there an easy method for determining if some parts are compatible with each other? I also want to know if I should get the GTX Titan or the 780 ti. I heard that the 780 ti is faster than the Titan but it has less memory.

The only things that need compatability check are CPU, motherboard, RAM and PSU. Motherboards got this thing called socket for CPUs so you need to check if the chosen motherboard supports your chosen CPU ie if you can actually plug it in. Also modern motherboards use DDR3 RAM so don`t buy DDR2 which is the old standard. You can plug all GPUs in all modern motherbaords same with HDDs and SSDs. And lastly you need at least 500-600w for your PSU.

If you really dont know anything about this, I recommend either googling all this stuff (theres a ton of websites dedicated to helping newbies building PCs) or consulting a professional.

Also this place is quite nice - http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc . You can give your budget to the guys there and they will in return provide you with the best component list for your needs.

Thanks for the advice! I’ve just found and ordered the parts that I needed.

Sorry for the late reply, I couldn’t reply earlier because an extension on Chrome kept on making the site crash.