How do I turn object into liquid

I CAN’T FIND TUTORIALS ON THIS!
I want to turn an object into liquid.
I’ve found tutorials on turning liquid into an object (control object) and I have seen an inflow simulation tutorials - where an object is emitting liquid.
But I can’t find any tutorials for turning an object into liquid. How do I do that?

1 Like

On your liquid object, instead of having it as inflow, change it to Geometry.

Ok, how do I preserve the original materials from the object?
It just turns into default liquid material (glass/volume).
I want to preserve the materials that are on the object.

I’ve been looking everywhere for this as well.
I’m trying to take a complex obj/model, make it a rigid body, then drop it down onto a passive plane. When the object/model hits the plane, i want it to do one of these:

• turn into a liquid upon impact and splash
  • or dissolve / cell fracture / disintegrate upon impact

There are no tutorials on this anywhere that I’ve looked as well. I’d love to know how this is done

I have gained experience and now I know how to do it:

1. Turn into liquid - as of now there is no simulation engine that will support textured materials (unless you want some weird results with static texture staying on moving mesh or something) so closest you can do is to make the model out smaller models each with one simple material that has no textures and simulate all of these as liquids. Example - I want to liquify a solar panel. I can’t just strap a solar panel texture on the object - I have to model each cell and part separately and give each a new material and then you can try to simulate it.

2. Cell fracture / disintegrate / break on impact - I know an easy workaround:
    1)Take the object go to rigid body settings and tweak everything as you need - you won’t be able to change this after step 2.
    2)Duplicate the object and fracture it then move fractured object parts into a seperate collection so they are easier to select in the future.
    3)In rigid body settings find collision collections - place the object in one of them and all the shards in different collection. Place your collision objects (like a floor) in all collections.
    4)Bake the physics
    5)Go to dropped object’s object panel and find option “show in render” and “show in viewport”
    6)Go frame by frame through the animation and find the frame where the object hits a collider (like the floor) now go back one frame and keyframe both “show in render” and “show in viewport” then go back to the frame where it hits the ground and uncheck both boxes and keyframe them. Now the object should dissapear once it hits the ground.
    7) Now do the same with the shards.
    8) End result - object falls and once it hits the ground it breaks
    The higher the framerate the harder it is to spot this transition. On 60fps it is impossible to see it and on 24 I can sometimes barely see it.
    I am pretty sure that procedural breaking - like make object actually break after falling is an ultra expert level of simulation and I am not sure if this is even possible in vanilla blender with no add ons. I just rendered animation with this method here and it looks gorgeous and no one can spot a transition.