How do you add an image for NURBS tracing

You know, when people add an image like a photo of someone’s head, and then they add NURBS stuff to trace the lines and curves of the photo’s head? Did that sound right, better question, does anyone know what I’m talking about? lol
Can you do this in Blender? I thought that all you had to do was add a simple mesh plane, then load your image onto it as an image texture. I did that but the image won’t show up in the 3D view, only if I render it.

Under the View Menu of the 3D View, click on “Background Image.” Click “Use Background Image,” click the little folder icon, and find the image you want to use. It will only show up in orthographic top, front, and side views. .bmp images appear strange for me for some reason, so be careful when using them (it may just be my computer though).
Hope this is what you wanted.

when you try to rotate the view the image dissapears. :frowning: And you can only have one up, and can’t resize the background. :frowning: There should be a way to display image textures on mesh planes, so that you could have like for example, have three angles of a head (profile, frontal, top) so that you can trace your nurbs to the lines in the pics. I did it once in 3ds max. :-?

You can UV map the images onto planes, and work it like that.

when you try to rotate the view the image dissapears

Handy, since when you’re tracing you want it superimposed and not at a slant.

And you can only have one up,

In any particular window. Open another window and you can load another pic.

and can’t resize the background.

Resize it where you loaded it.

There should be a way to display image textures on mesh planes, so that you could have like for example, have three angles of a head (profile, frontal, top) so that you can trace your nurbs to the lines in the pics.

http://membres.lycos.fr/bobois/index_anglais.html

Look for “Projection Box”. If you don’t like the box just use the same technique for planes.

I did it once in 3ds max.

Now you can do it in Blender

%<

D’oh! [/Homer Simpson]

and can’t resize the background.[quote]

Resize it where you loaded it.
[/quote]

LOL How did I miss that? sigh :-? (Don’t answer that k, lol)

http://membres.lycos.fr/bobois/index_anglais.html

Look for “Projection Box”. If you don’t like the box just use the same technique for planes.

Thanks :slight_smile: Found it. Except one thing, I can’t find where the buttons are in step 10, page 2. Was doing fine until I got to that part.

I did it once in 3ds max.[quote]

Now you can do it in Blender
[/quote]

Woohoo! Blender Rocks! :wink: