How do you affect the bulges of a surface (for thinks like rocks and worn edges)?

Kind of like the opposite of the AO shader, when you only affect the curves rather than the recesses of an object. Typically you’d use a light color to indicate wear over edges and corners vs the cavity/AO where you’d fill recesses with dark cols.

A bit like this, but obviously procedurally:

do you mean something like in the 0:32 of this video

1 Like

Pointiness in the Geometry Node? (Cycles only)

ah perfect, thanks!

that’s the one, cheers :slight_smile: