How do you deal with bad tablet/pen control in windows 10?

Using Wacom is hell to no end in windows 10.
first the official drivers refuse to run, and now when I thought it was all under control windows hits me with the least - - responsive - - interaction - - of all. Want to click and drag? Well you have 0.1 seconds to start dragging or I’m just gonna stay right there and open that context dialogue box that you disabled. Oh, and if you want to draw a line make sure to first drag 100 pixels in any direction so the pointing mechanism wakes up. Of course that also means it will only draw from the 100 pixels onward.

I went into the pen/tablet menu and saw nothing regarding responsiveness
Likewise I went through the wacom tablet properties and again, no responsiveness slider.

How do you people save yourselves from this?

I haven’t had any lag issues using my Intuos or Cintiq with Win 10. It’s been a while since I’ve set these devices up so I don’t recall what, if any, changes I’ve made in Windows, but take a look at the settings for Windows Ink maybe?

Edit: I do seem to recall something about Win10 having some pen gesture features that may cause some lag as they wait to see if you’re doing a gesture. I’d try disabling any Windows pen features you can get away with. Ink itself, I believe, is required for pen pressure.

Purge the pen drivers and reinstall them. Your issues are not standard issues. I doubt that it is a widespread issue , I myself never experienced that.

Sounds like windows ink. The wacom settings have a checkbox to disable it.

1 Like

First, off…as @kkar said to purge the drivers and reinstall. Then if they won’t run as they are old see if there is a newer version ( check first) … (I have an old Bamboo and drivers haven’t been updated since I got it…they only did one update for Win 10 )

All the functions of the pen are usually controlled by the software as far as pressure sensitivity and the like… Blender has a few settings under input, I set mine to Automatic API, but if you look in Devices and Printers you should see your Pen Tablet listed…Right Click on it and find the Preferences…here is the Wacom Preferences for my pen…

All information I found was only regarding uninstalling the drivers, not purging them. As far as I know to purge something means to also remove any remaining files and registry entries… or at least all files pertaining to the driver. Is there a regular way to do that?
(I’ve reinstalled it countless times so far, but for completeness’ sake I have to ask whether there’s a specific method.)

I don’t have a Wacom but I do have an XPPEN Deco 3 and I have symptoms that are very similar to you. I have managed to find a workaround though.

I unplug and reconnect the tablet (I’m running it wired obv) and once the tablet beeps the control is normal and there’s no frustrating delay.

I understand your frustration it was driving me crazy until I happened upon the workaround. I have to do this every session with Blender but once done everything is fine.

I have seen other artists having trouble with C4D and Houdini after the last Windows update.