how do you make a game set up in blender 2.25 a program?????

i’ve made a space simulation type of game and i just started using the blender game engine even though i’ve been using blender for over a year

well, if you have windows (i think) you can export the runtime as an .exe file, though you need the liscence key first… I’m sure someone will post with a link here, since I cant find it again :smiley:

Anyway, once you do install the key, you simply go file>save runtime as… or something like that…

anyway I hope that at least answers your Q

dippmaster you wrote this in another post:

dippmaster wrote - how do you make a program from a game???

Maybe you forgot, or maybe my reply was of no use. If you missed it, then here it is again.

My reply was:

Hi dippmaster, I assume that you are talking about running an executable program in a windows environment without having to run it within Blender?

After you’ve made your game (or you just want to see it in exe form) do the following:

1. Open tools tab and select pack (this packs all your textures, sounds etc into the one file - you actually don’t have to do this step if your not going to move your executable file, however if you do move it and its not packed you’ll lose your textures etc)

2. Open file tab, select save as dynamic runtime.

3. A drop down window opens allowing you to choose where you’ll save your exe file.

4. After choosing your file destination, enter a name (Blender will add the exe extension) and click on ‘write dynamic runtime’ button.

5. You’re done. Now goto your newly created exe and double click. Only it won’t work because you need the fmod.dll and the python20.dll file in the same directory as your exe. These dynamic link libraries (dll) ship with Blender, try a search on your hard drive - they’ll be there somewhere.

Although I hate to say this you should have tried a forum search on this topic as it has been coverd many times b4 (the search button is on the top right hand of the screen).

ya i have windows ME 8)

thanks!!! :smiley:

run on sentences are fun :smiley: %|

Get the latest Blender Tuhopuu Release, it has the game engine enabled… the latest one is currently found HERE

The Tuhopuu release has some other nice stuff Blender 2.25 didn’t have too. :slight_smile:

WELL NOW I CAN’T SEE THE TEXTURES OR THE STARFEILD IN THE GAME WHAT DID I DO WRONG???
HOW DO YOU SET IT UP SO THAT A PARTICAL EFFECT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HIT A MOUSE BUTTON???
HELP PLEASE!!!

firstly: turn off caps-lock.

second: re-read u_do_u_r’s post, in particular the point on packing textures.

third: get familiar with the search button, top right, and start using it.

fourth: if and only if you’ve done all that, come back and post the .blend. We can’t do anything to help if we’ve got nothing to work with.

cheers
Piran