how do you render armatures?

not sure if this is the right forum for this but i want blender to render the armature object for an effect…is there a way to do this?

The armature isnt ment to be rendered.Its ment to be used for like bone in a character.

I’ve wanted to do this a couple of times too.

I don’t think there are any setttings / magic materials to do it.

You’ll probably have to fake it, by creating “fake” bones.

Or there’s a script around that Cambo wrote, to convert armature bones to Metaballs. It could probably be modified to use cubes instead of metaballs.

But it would proably be faster to just scale a bunch of cubes, and then use parent-to-bone :slight_smile:

Mike

I think you’ll have to model the bones, then give the modeled bones an armature. Sounds weird, but it’ll work…

darksid - yeah i wanted to render them for a specific effect.

ok. i guess ill actually have to do some work :rolleyes:
thanks though

You can, of course, do an OpenGL render of them - but it’s not quite the same.

I find it’s really handy for animation on slow machines (Ctrl + Click the button furthest on the right of 3d view, remember to change file type to an animated file)

yeah i might use that and just work it in somehow with gimp…but of course it’s really low quality that im guessing you cant change.

Just turn up your antialiasing and resolution (can only render as big as your screen res) up in your graphics card settings. :wink:

ah i get it…:stuck_out_tongue:
thanks

You can improve the look by adjusting your OpenGL lighting too. Just go to user prefs and under “System & OpenGL” you’ll find some lamp settings on the left. You have 3 lights to play with. Make sure they are turned on (I think lamp 3 is off by default), change the Vec to move them then set the colour and spec (I’m nt usre the spec has much effect).