How do you save game engine demo as .exe file?

How do you do it plz.

File > save runtime. You will need to copy some dll. files from you Blender directory.

Here you go!

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BSoD/Introduction_to_the_Game_Engine/Creating_more_complex_game_levels_and_interactions#Making_a_stand-alone_version_of_the_game

How do you save game engine demo as .exe file?
How do you do it plz.

Just be aware that as soon as you do that, your game and everything in it is GPL. That means that anyone that requests the source code, which in this case is your blend file, has to be provided one and that your models are now also under the terms of the GPL and can be used by anyone as the GPL permits. If you want to keep your copyrights, the only way to do it is to use the blenderplayer and the blend file.

thanks man, i was thinking of distributing an exe too =p

if you, by scripting make your game use some things like models(with textures) from external .blends then those aren’t, but because most(if not all) of your code is in that .exe then yeah thats GPL-ed :confused:

More Info

When i started learning blender, a few years ago, i found a Walkthrough.exe in the net, i´m not shure where.

Is hard as i look around i have not found how to save one of those, with out the dll’s, just a single pack.

Can any one give light on this issue.

Yeah I’ve got one of those somewhere, dont know how they work though…