How do you use plugins?

I’ve been searching for a while now, but I still haven’t found a way to use a plugin. I have the .dll file and everything, but I’m not sure what to do with it or how to use it. Please keep your explanation simple. Thanks.

put the .dlls inside the Plugins folder or in a folder of your choice.
then drag down the top user preferences window & set the Plugin path to where you put your plugins.
For texture plugins add material, add texture, type, Plugin, load will open the plugins folder you chose.
it is best to separate texture from sequence plugins into seperate folders for easy browsing.
m.a.

Ok, I’ve gotten the part where your put in the folder and everything, but I’m stuck on the loading part. How do I do that? I can’t find a load button or anything. Thanks for the help so far, I really appreciate it.

http://www.alienhelpdesk.com/python_scripts/using_python_scripts

EDIT… ohw wait…a texture/material/dll thingy… not sure about those

When you add a Texture (F6) the “Texture” tab shows the slot to which that texture is assigned and to the right of the Slot Stack is “Texture Type” with menu arrows on the right of it. Open that menu and you’re given a choice of Image, EnvMap, Marble, Clouds etc and “Plugins” is one of the choices. Click “Plugin” and a Plugin tab will appear with “Load Plugin”. Click it and navigate to the .dll. Same procedure with Sequence Plugins except you open a Sequence Editor window and in the header goto Add >> Effect >> Plugin.

%<