Let me know!

BgDM

Freaky, organic and mega-cool! I like it :smiley:

What’s it for?

Hey thanks!

Whats it for? Nothing. Just did it for myself. :smiley:

BgDM

That looks pretty cool, Big BG.
I’d just want to know what the writing says…its a little small.
:wink:

Looks pretty cool :slight_smile: like you’ve been playing with your electron microscope :wink:

I’m not 100% sure of some of the words, but they look to me like:“One ring to rule them all”
“One ring to rule them all”
“One ring to rule them all”
and:Deep within the bowels of the hills
of Mordor there stirs the evil of
Sauron Let loose the fires of the
dark days of the past unto the men
of the future

Very abstract very cool.

Paradox

:o how in the hell… :o wow thats wierd looking…was that done in blender?

strange, but cool!

Cool …er… stuff. I could stick that some of that inside my beetle. Now tell me HOW DID YOU DO IT?

Thanks for the replies!

ectizen: good job. That’s pretty much what it says. I’m reading the first book again, so I’m kinda in a LOTR mood lately.

wow thats wierd looking…was that done in blender?

No. I actually made the swirling background in Lightwave and added a filter to it in Photoshop to get it to look like this. All the lines, text, blurr, etc. was done in Photoshop.

Now tell me HOW DID YOU DO IT?

Lightwave a has a great tool called Twist. This started as a low poly ball in Lightwave and then using the twist tool, you just start turning the verts every which way until it gets all mashed up. I then applied some gradient filters and diffuse filters along with luminosity and bump channels to get a really cool looking effect. Then into Photoshop for the rest.

Thanks again. And I am not switching 100% to Lightwave. Blender is still my #1 choice to work in.

BgDM

yeah, very freaky, and i love the striped blur effect… great design!