How long it will take to create 3D short film of 15 minutes

this is a masterpiece ^^

8 years ? okay am not a film maker… Just wonder where they found the funds for this ( and i confess am somewhat pissed off !
All i do is by myself with funds that equal 0$ !

8 years ? it’s a project from a hobbyist !
respect ! but…
considering the abilities needed for this and also the really great result, i’d say it’s out of any production timeline. Mostly like my own project that i finance on my own ^^
Aside this, blender seems out of topic. which makes this post out of topic.

whatever… the answer to the 1st post is… ‘some time’…
:stuck_out_tongue:

Happy blending

lol @NiklasWerth !

You’re at lkeast as bad and stoopid as i’m :smiley:
I love it !

It means that someone selectively can pick exactly what scenes to develop. Such as for example if you look at your storyboard and overview 100 frames you will realize that 70% of all shots are actor closeups. However there is one 10sec intro opening panning across the cityscape. So you immediately have better knowledge about where you need to focus the effort (good facial animation - not procedural generated city). Just imagine spending 10-20 days to create a cool city and then realize that it had minor impotance over the big picture, you would rather instead just matte paint the city and hack the scene away with texture projections over 4 days instead.

https://boords.com/blog/what-is-the-definition-of-an-animatic-storyboard

The whole lord of the rings movies was storyboarded for example.

2 Likes

Threads like this straddle a surreal line between the absurd and benevolent.

Absurd in that the only people able to appreciate such benevolence in the way of helpful tips are like-minded people who would never post such an absurd thread topic.

I troll here only because I have let the better side of me sucked into doing “the right thing” and dump endless lines of “advice” only to realize the only people who will use it are the other people like me who might stumble across the thread.

Rather than rehashing all of this endlessly in random places, how about a sticky for “tips and tricks for short filmakimg”?

Now, BigBlend, one of the key aspects of my personal workflow is simply based on this: “I can’t draw!” :open_mouth: I couldn’t draw a storyboard to save my neck. And, I really don’t try to do separate “animatics.” Instead, I focus on what the sets might look like – how big they are – what action might take place and how I might film it. And, I then try to film it, using simple geometric objects that are of the correct size. These stand-in shots actually do correspond exactly to what a finished shot might be.

My workflow also involves film-editing very, very early. You’ve no doubt heard the quip that “the writer’s most important tool is the eraser.”

1 Like

True and I agree. If you making your own movie.

But the timing is always hard in animation. I can’t animate well. I did one animation and it was hard.

I think that being original is not the way of the amateur. One needs to steal ideas and make it in their own animation. Then when you get better try doing original stuff.

removed by popular demand

1 Like

I am speaking for myself. Who else am I supposed to speak for?..lol.

But as it turns out I was also speaking for you when I pointed out that like-minded people will be the only ones who will get anything out of it.

If you are enjoying the tips and plan to use them it shines a very good and even rare light on your character.

And I know this happens.

The question is why don’t we (more experienced) users just make a sticky?

Put all of the data there. It is a criticism of me as much as anyone.

I have shared so much information over the years but it is all buried deep in threads. Possibly even won’t come up in a search.

The point. Let’s maybe stop dumping this data in random threads and consolidate.

It will be better for everyone. And then when a post like this comes up we can point people there.

But we need moderation to agree to make it a sticky.

Let google handle it. If a question like this is googled then this thread will maybe help them. No one reads the stickies anyway.

Really? You are going to turn this into an argument not to consolidate some vital information into one place? That is an interesting take on it.

You are free to have an opinion.

But if you just want to stick to the facts. Factually, statistically, stickies have more views than any other thread on any forum anywhere. This is a fact.

You can still have an opinion that no vital information should be gathered into one useful place where more people read the thread - statistically. Is easy to find etc. I won’t argue with you. But I do disagree. And I don’t feel compelled to list the additional long list of logical reasons why. I think most people would see the value in what I have suggested. That is my opinion.

Now back to the original topic for what it is worth.

The OP is clearly not equipped to deal with this information which I still think is absurd and profound.

That is me trolling.