How Many Games Have Been Finished By You?

I created this for 2 reasons:

To see how polls work, and to see the average number of games made per person.

Thanks!

I ve finished none,but i am about to finsh my FPS game ,Necrosys. We got multiplayer working well so we are getting ready fora release.

You need to have started and finished, :slight_smile:

I have started 4, abandoned 2 and I have 2 on the way to completion, and have many ideas for more… I have added slightly to many projects including some famous ones, but only minor contributions,

hopefully as you mature as a coder you finish what you start, but when your just getting your ball rolling it’s hard to define a scope of work that is realistic, because you simply can’t know…

I hope to finish my game in a couple of years, maybe sooner. In my case it’s taking longer because for my game I have to learn to program with python. But step by step I believe I’m getting there. I can imagine the average number of finished games will be very low (not even one a member), because not many members decide to work together because of several reasons. Maybe projects are too personal or there aren’t many competent programmers, graphical-designers, animators, story-boarders, storytellers… who would join forces. I chose to start learning all competences myself and finish a game during the process, as a bonus.

At some point in my life I hope to be able to work with other Blender users on projects that have a story worth telling, or concept worth working out. I hope by saying this I can avoid that people would get the general idea that the Blender Game Engine is to difficult to work with, or that there aren’t so many serious game developers amongst the people who are still working on their first game. But I do also think some are still scratching the surface and just playing with the idea, which is nothing to be against. The pleasure you get in exploring the Blender program is also worth something.

I want to join forces, I have a game almost that will be easy to finish once I get the core done(Player movement, inventory system,world interaction, and enemy logic and puzzle pieces, after that I will systematically finish games, this system will work for almost any game, and I am open sourcing it, just give me credit for helpings…

the attached file is an enemy AI or dynamic motion controller/animation state controller, based on marching up and down a set of numbers, at any rate,

like message ->and->On
if X=0 _______/
it then goes X= 1
when x<1 but less then 6 ----------and------X=X+1

if x=6 ------------------------------Reset

### Attachments
<a class='attachment' href='/uploads/default/original/3X/1/9/199bb3264ca3f5525afedc2ddaa51e92721afe84.blend'>LikeClockwork.blend</a> (445 KB)

Get it?

so you can move a enemy, and animate the rig, with this :slight_smile: or whatever

For us indies, I don’t think finishing a game is too common… Except, perhaps, for the ones working as an occupation or something. Perhaps this is just me. I don’t think I’ve ever “finished” a game, but I’ve made dozens of WIPs, from only rough pre-alphas to nearly done games only in need of troubleshooting and organization.

I finished just a couple of games, if you want to call it that. I made the Longest Mystery and another game for another weekend comp here, though neither were really completely finished. I also ‘finished’ another ‘game’ in Game Maker years upon years ago that was about placing creatures to make a little world. It was pretty poor overall, hah.

you have a project solo?
I just applied for 10,000 dollars in funding to turn blender+gimp+a unknown interchange language
into a 3d open source editable internet :slight_smile:

well i have 3 finished games(yeah i know i voted 2, but i forgot the third one when i did that :P), i made them a looooot of time ago(2010-2011) when i started with blender, these 3 games were made with blender 2.49
they were never posted on this forum because i wasnt here yet, but those games are:

pixel wars:
space ships rts, includes sounds, lasers, bugs and a 2 mision campaign, im very proud of it, i was going to make a full campaign for it, but i was lazy to keep making it lol

screenshoot of the first mission where you have to destroy asteroids

AA-defense:
a world war 2 based game where you controll a AA gun, and thousands of german planes are coming,this is a survival game, where you must kill them before they reach your base, i finished this one, but its lacking some things like wave system, and increasing dificulty

nameless 2 player game:
a very basic game where 2 players battle, each player controls a flying cone, and must kill the other player, im kinda proud of this one, as it includes variable speed,scores, menus and that kind of stuff

it was going to be a space-themed game, but when i played it with my friend, he said that was hard to locate eachother in the dark background, thats why i did the basic terrain you see in the screenshoot

i had THOUSANDS of games that were never even started, or i made a few models and left them

None in BGE, but 6 with xna, and one way back when I had an amiga.

Well, i finished a couple little games when i was still learning how to use blender. Mostly 2 player games.
Now, i started couple of projects wich had potential, but making them alone is quite hard :slight_smile:

so freaking true
being alone can sometimes be a lot of work, as one person has to model, texture, rig, animate, program, and a lot of stuff more, sometimes its too much, it has happened to me many times that its too much work, and sometimes it becomes bored(seriusly animating its not my talent)

I currently have 5 BGE projects that could be considered done in the BGE, though one of them also has a UI that would allow for indefinite expansion (it is a mini-golf game and I would never consider it completed if there are still ideas for new courses and modes).

Now I did the poll based on the number of full-size BGE projects I did, if you add the projects I did in GameMaker as well (when game creation was my main hobby), that number would go all the way up to 26 or 27.

Only a game I call puzzle ball.

Oooooo blender disk golf :slight_smile: (after I finish my 2 current projects :slight_smile: )

well i have 3 finished games(yeah i know i voted 2, but i forgot the third one when i did that :P), i made them a looooot of time ago(2010-2011) when i started with blender, these 3 games were made with blender 2.49
they were never posted on this forum because i wasnt here yet, but those games are:

pixel wars:
space ships rts, includes sounds, lasers, bugs and a 2 mision campaign, im very proud of it, i was going to make a full campaign for it, but i was lazy to keep making it lol

screenshoot of the first mission where you have to destroy asteroids

AA-defense:
a world war 2 based game where you controll a AA gun, and thousands of german planes are coming,this is a survival game, where you must kill them before they reach your base, i finished this one, but its lacking some things like wave system, and increasing dificulty
/uploads/default/original/3X/f/7/f79654077fbfe753e4675a1beb32e0a3a084d33a.pngd=1356830943

nameless 2 player game:
a very basic game where 2 players battle, each player controls a flying cone, and must kill the other player, im kinda proud of this one, as it includes variable speed,scores, menus and that kind of stuff
/uploads/default/original/3X/7/6/76cac5095f8d3286dfc2061ab353223132e7f1a9.pngd=1356830960
it was going to be a space-themed game, but when i played it with my friend, he said that was hard to locate eachother in the dark background, thats why i did the basic terrain you see in the screenshoot

i had THOUSANDS of games that were never even started, or i made a few models and left them

I wanna try those!

I, of course, have tons of WIPs that usually originate from tests.

5 games complete, I think, (Too lazy to fire up the old PC and count them) maybe more.
All children games. Very simple concepts. All in 2.49. (started in 2009 ish)
One Easter egg hunt, two maze games, two where the player has to find their way out. of something. Very simple, basic games. If it counts.

I’ve been working on a FPS large platform game for middle of the road PCs for a few years now. (2.49) The player can move back and forth through the environment. It consists of 18 .Blend files as of now. Since I’m not an artist, or programmer, it’s daunting task working solo. No GLSL, low poly, so it will run on smaller PCs. Lots of problems to solve. But I’m having fun and learning. Almost finished, so I can start something in 2.65.

I have started tens of different games, which I have been pushed more or usually less complete, but I have to be honest that I have never really finished any game. Usually, the puzzle games come more complete than arcade games. In arcade games, I usually have one or two more finished levels, some half-finished levels and several test levels. I put two old Java applet games available as example:

http://mkoskim.drivehq.com/games/Diamonds/index.html
http://mkoskim.drivehq.com/games/ShootEmUp/index.html

They should work at least with FireFox browser.

no one , i need ever to learn something of new .

now i’m a the step -> “how organize a game”
while the other things more or less there already