How many ladies/gentlemen do we have at elysiun???????

(Timonides) #1

Hi :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I got this poll idea, when I actually realised that a member wasn’t a guy (as I first tought…) but a lady!!! And a real nice indeed…

So the question actually is:

How many ladies do we have here…

You don’t have to reveal anything, you don’t have to post anything, if you don’t feel like!!!

Just vote, so we can get an idea of how many ladies we are privilledged to have among us!!!

Thanks…

Spyros.

(dreamsgate) #2

Actually I have noticed that more ladies seem to be showing up since blender went opensource.

most here don’t realize I’m female unless I specifically say something, then I think everyone knows and then bunch of newbies show up and I end up being thought of as male again.

although, if you go to my webpage there is little doubt I’m female :stuck_out_tongue:

(Timonides) #3

I know what you mean… You’ve allready fooled me you know… :stuck_out_tongue:

But you’re right your web page settles things right… :wink: BTW. excellent work!!!

Ohh boy, seems like one more “Men’s castle” went down!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice to have you and the other girls here… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Spyros.

(valarking) #4

Lets see…
Maya (DreamMaster)
dreamsgate
rivenwanderer

That’s all I can think of…

(theeth) #5

VK: you forgot Waystar and Kati (although you probably don’t know her if you don’t hang out in Blenderchat)

Martin

(CubeFan973) #6

Hey! You guys forgot IngieBee!

Edit: Maya/DreamMaster is so cool! I remember once on the blender.nl forums that she had seen a picture that was really good, and made it seem like she was choking on a drink (“drowning”) because of the quality. Then paramedics came, held up the Blender logo or something associated with Blender, and she came back to life! one particularly funny line in the story was:

“Help! (choking) I’m choking! (choking) Great job by the way! (choking)”

I think I have a crush on her… then again, there’s the 5-year age difference, the fact that she’s in Utah (I think–great state, but I really don’t like drinking unpurified water), and a whole bunch of other problems.

PS: ****! I accidentally voted FEMALE, though I’m a guy (somewhat) and a heterosexual at that! (If I was a girl, I wouldn’t be a lesbian, so I’d have lots of crushes on guys in the Blender community, and not Maya/DreamMaster… okay, that’s disturbing. I’ll forget I said that.) I really wish we could change votes on here. cough cough KIB! cough

(valarking) #7

Yes I did forget Ingie! D’oh!
And I also forgot Waystar and Kati (why does she hang out in Blenderchat, as I understand it, she’s a godess there, what has she ever done with blender?). Silly me.

And yes, Dreammaster does some kick ass stuff and is pretty nice.
All around good member.
Though Cube, you should know better then to get a crush on someone who’s living across the country.

PS: ****! I accidentally voted FEMALE, though I’m a guy (somewhat) and a heterosexual at that! (If I was a girl, I wouldn’t be a lesbian, so I’d have lots of crushes on guys in the Blender community, and not Maya/DreamMaster… okay, that’s disturbing. I’ll forget I said that.) I really wish we could change votes on here. cough cough KIB! cough

Now the true CubeFan is REVEALED! MWAHAAAAA!
LOLOLOLOLOL

(Timonides) #8

YAY!!! It seems that we actually have a lot of talented ladies around here!!!

Well, actually I only knew about Ingie and dreamsgate!!!

It is really wonderfull… There’s nothing sweetest, than the feeling of a womans presence around…

Our community is really blessed!!!

Hats off, for our ladies!!!

Spyros.

p.s.: Cube, don’t worry… unless kib removes your vote, I’ll count one less at the end!!! Thanks for telling me so…

(DreamMaster) #9

OH MAN!!! I’M CHOKING again!!! You made me laugh so hard that I had to try so hard not to laugh because my parents are sleeping right now! I shouldn’t have read this post until tomorrow!

I am surprised that you still remembered my post about choking :wink: still try NOT to laugh

By the way, thanks. And I don’t do some kick ass stuff YET… :wink: I’m hoping to become a professional CG artist someday in 3D animation or something similar. Wish me a good luck then!

Yes I’m a female! In case you don’t get it from 2 ppl. :wink:

(Piraniac) #10

the interesting thing is do you really make the distinction?
i tend not to think about it unless someone actually say “i’m M/F”, until then its like “yay, another person”. hmmm… :slight_smile:

CubeFan973: i don’t know you but i already know things about you i wish i didn’t ( :smiley: kidding dude, gives the forums that ‘personal touch’…no, not that way :wink: )

DreamMaster: GOOD LUCK! :smiley: i’m also heading for professional CG, hope you don’t mind the competition :stuck_out_tongue:

cheers
Piran

(DreamMaster) #11

saint_pill: You’re my very first enemy… better watch out! J/K :wink:

(Piraniac) #12

darn it! now i’m in trouble… :slight_smile:

seriously though, good luck, 3D World mag said the indutries starting to slow down and its becoming harder to break into.

more doom and gloom…

cheers
Piran

(dreamsgate) #13

Actually there is at least 1 more female…
Blenderwoman

I met her in the chat room, couple weeks ago
I don’t know if she has really done alot of modeling yet though.

(Timonides) #14

So, we now know that we have have at least 8 ladies here with us…

I would sure like to see some really cool stuff made by them…

DreamMaster allthough I haven’t seen that “chocking” work of your’s, but I’ll take CubeFan’s word on this… If he says you’re doing kick ass stuff, then it must be true!!! :wink:

Good luck at the CG, “arena” :wink:

Spyros.

(DreamMaster) #15

You can see my works at www.dm7.net

or the direct link is via www.dm7.net/gallery2/gallery/blender/

(Alltaken) #16

he he he he

me too off to design school next year!!!

more competition!!!
but i prefer not to call people enemys (just the bad guys)

good luck to the both of you cause it looks like a good job.

if things are slow then you have to break out of the mould and do new stuff that noone else does.

i think its harder to stay in the job than it is to get into it.
but what do i know.

i am a BOY of course. (but skontar knows that)

(gargola) #17

i’m male! 8) LOL…he he! anyway.i only know about one girl,sweet Ingie. :smiley: :smiley: now i know there are more girls and with a lot of talent. :smiley:

(pamtango) #18

I submitted my first model to the weekend challenge last week - only rec’d one vote, but it was fun.
I finished my first pro job in animation at the beginning of the month, totally done in Blender and thanks to all who answered pressing questions while I was working on same. It was a freelance one minute/3 scene animation for part of a half hour video produced for a local union. I made enough to buy my new computer plus $50! The learning was worth far more and I now have another job lined up. I doubt I’ll be working for a studio, but I really enjoy working in the medium as an independent.

(paradox) #19

Congratulations Pamtango.
Paradox

(theeth) #20

congrats Pamtango!
It’s really great to see some Blenderhead doing some pro work.

Martin